Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Short intro

Hi everybody,

I am new to this site (obviously) and wanted to leave a quick "hi". I am a 32 year old guy living in Europe and trying to heal (I don't want to post any more on a public thread).

I was/am a member of a simliar, much smaller site that slowly fell apart/asleep over the last decade but helped me a lot slowly becoming able to tell parts of my story while listening and talking to the other wonderful and supportive survivors. Being a non-native speaker of english helps a lot, because the emotional distance to the english language compared to my own makes it easier to talk. But with a community getting smaller and smaller I thought it might be time to look for a living site. Where is the point in supporting each other if there's almost nobody there - especially on a bad day?

I hope this finds everyone on a good day and that I'll be able to contribute here in a positive way to my own and others journeys.

Thanks for reading and take care!

Hello @Violinplayer and welcome to After Silence!

I am Wanna :flowers:

I am deeply sorry for your trauma and reasons to be here. Do know we believe your story and want to be there for you.

We are happy you have found us, and you are most welcome to share and vent within what you feel comfortable with. This community is indeed alive and if you had the chance to take a look over our forums, you've probably noticed we talk a bit about everything here. Feel free to browse and do not hesitate to reach out to us staff if you would have any questions. 

We appreciate that you want to contribute, but remember that this site is just as much here to help you out. This platform has a wide diversity of survivors and our members form a wonderful community.:aswelcomesu:

Hope to see you around, and stay safe

- Wanna ☀️ 

Dear violinplayer

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Violinplayer

I'm sorry for the trauma you have faced, but I'm glad you found AS and decided to join. This is a wonderful, caring community and we are all here to support each other. The site is very active and we are always welcoming new members. We also have members that have been around for years. You are welcome to come to the site anytime you need support or just need a virtual hug. Take some time looking around and then feel free to post or share whenever you feel comfortable. Looking forward to seeing you around the site. 

Hi there Violinplayer,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you will find support here. Our community is active and understanding, so know that you are not alone.

Feel free to look around and share when you are comfortable. There is no pressure and we appreciate you waiting to share more in a private forum. We want to keep all members safe and secure from prying eyes just passing by.

I am happy that you decided to reach out and wish you well as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome @Violinplayer to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

1 minute ago, Violinplayer said:

Thanks you all for the warm welcome. :) It's nice to know it's a friendly and understanding community.

I am happy you find us to be those things. I wish you a best day! 😊

• 3 weeks later...