Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone...I'm CC, nice to meet you all and i hope you're all well / healing.

I've never reached out for help but after numerous breakdowns i know I'm ready and i need to before i lose my head.  It makes me extremely uncomfortable writing this but I'm searching for anyone, someone to speak to about things going on in my head right now and maybe someone can recognize the same feelings or offer guidance. I can't afford online counseling and I'm desperate for it lol. (1st world problems eh?)  

Ive been remembering 'experiences' and smells..tastes..that sicken me. I was 15 when these things occurred and i cant believe it still affects me. I know it wasn't a normal relationship, i was groomed, love bombed, used, manipulated,  and sexually abused until i turned 16. He was 22.  I have had dreams and intrusive deep thoughts about situations from this time.

Thanks for reading if you did and im here for ANYONE who wants to speak or have a friend. Peace and love.

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi CC,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you went thru as a teenager. It is never right for anyone to hurt you. I am very sorry he betrayed your trust. Trauma does sadly take much time to process and start to heal from. You are not alone.

We know struggles here and you will find many members who you can relate to. Your trauma is validated here. This truly is a community of supportive and kind people. Take your time to look around and jump in when you feel comfortable. I wish you well as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @ChloeC

Welcome to AS. I'm very sorry for the trauma you have experience, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a caring and supportive community and we are all here to help each other heal. You are always welcome to reach out for support on this site, whether that be for advice, validation, or just a virtual hug. You can heal from your trauma. Take some time looking around the site and feel free to post and share whenever you feel comfortable. If you need any help using the site, don't be afraid to reach out. Wishing you the best. 

Welcome @ChloeC to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear chloe

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome!

I am also new here and I have to say you are braver than I am for sharing some of your story. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope that you are able to find some support here. I am new to all of this but have always been a good listener if you ever need an ear. So far the people here seem really nice and supportive.