Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Follow Me Into My Rabbit Hole

Hello there! I’m Shannonnie, and I’m thankful to be here!

A little about me? I’m married to a great man, a mother of teen boys, and we have fur babies too. I work in food service and enjoy interacting with our customers. I’m an amateur gardener, rookie hula hooper, and enjoy DIY projects. I enjoy photographing nature & life, and I enjoy writing.

I have been recovering from the abuse for 21 years. I recently started searching for online support networks after a total meltdown. During this episode, as I call them, I recognized ways that the trauma is impacting my current life. I realized I need to find others who I can relate to. My husband is ever so supportive, but we both recognize that he can’t quite grasp the emotional turmoil.

I recently started EMDR earlier this year. The pandemic has made this challenging as I could not do therapy for a few months.  I require a neutral space for therapeutic processes, so doing therapy via phone or video was not an option for me.

The diagnosis’ I have received are C-PTSD, Major Depression, Anxiety. Life is a daily battle, but I’ve made it through 100% of my bad days so I would say that is a win.

I’m hopeful that being here will be beneficial.

❤️ ~S

Dear @Shannonnie

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hello @Shannonnie and welcome to After Silence. I am Wanna :flowers:

I am happy to hear about your family, work and hobbies. Sounds like wonderful highlights in life. I am also glad that you have chosen to join or community, I hope that you will find a safe place here. After Silence invites all kinds of survivors, and our platform carries a wide variety of them. We talk a bit about everything here, for example mental health, recovery, coping, trauma, family situations and much more. I would say life in general. 

I am deeply sorry for you reasons to be here, and want you to know that we believe you. Do not hesitate to reach out to us staff if you would have questions or just want to chat/vent. After Silence is here for you! I believe having people to relate to and relate to you is an important factor when healing from such trauma. Good thing you found us. 

Stay safe and all best :youcanheal:

- Wanna 🌻

Welcome @Shannonnie to After Silence.  It's good to meet you and know a little about you and your hobbies.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm sorry to hear the pandemic has interfered with your therapy.  I hope eventually when things calm down you will be able to get back into EMDR.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

10 hours ago, Shannonnie said:

Hello there! I’m Shannonnie, and I’m thankful to be here!

A little about me? I’m married to a great man, a mother of teen boys, and we have fur babies too. I work in food service and enjoy interacting with our customers. I’m an amateur gardener, rookie hula hooper, and enjoy DIY projects. I enjoy photographing nature & life, and I enjoy writing.

I have been recovering from the abuse for 21 years. I recently started searching for online support networks after a total meltdown. During this episode, as I call them, I recognized ways that the trauma is impacting my current life. I realized I need to find others who I can relate to. My husband is ever so supportive, but we both recognize that he can’t quite grasp the emotional turmoil.

I recently started EMDR earlier this year. The pandemic has made this challenging as I could not do therapy for a few months.  I require a neutral space for therapeutic processes, so doing therapy via phone or video was not an option for me.

The diagnosis’ I have received are C-PTSD, Major Depression, Anxiety. Life is a daily battle, but I’ve made it through 100% of my bad days so I would say that is a win.

I’m hopeful that being here will be beneficial.

❤️ ~S

Hi Shannonnie,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but glad that you picked a supportive site like ours. You will find our community filled with understanding and kind members who are there for one another. You are fully accepted and validated.

I am sorry you are struggling. What happened to you was never your fault, but it's the sad reality that we must keep fighting to get that future we all deserve. I am sorry your therapy was placed on hold, but I do hope you find this as a good alternative and addition to the therapy you started. It takes courage to face the trauma that was endured and I wish you many steps on this journey forward in what we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: