Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Need Healing

Please I need Help, I battle everyday with the hurt and pain I live with within me.And Its Starting take a hold on my marriage. I need to know how to be free and not think about the things I know I need to address. 

Hello @N.Bin and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna. :flowers:

Whatever you need to discuss, vent and process, this community is available for you. You are most invited to share within the amount you feel comfortable with. This platform carries a wide diversity of survivors, and as you might have noticed, we discuss plenty of topics here. 

I am deeply sorry for your trauma and what comes with it, please know that we believe you. 

Do not hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff if you would have questions or need to chat/vent. :youcanheal:

Take care and once again, welcome!

- Wanna ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Hi, @N.Bin - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling every day because of past hurts. I know these things live inside of us and can come up to hurt as at the most inconvenient times. I will say that during my time processing my trauma in therapy, I have been told that it doesn't always help to try to avoid things. If you just try not to think about it, it's harder to move past it. This isn't true for everyone, but it was certainly true for me. While I can't tell you the best way to heal, I can tell you that being here helped me so much! Just being able to talk to other survivors and talk openly about what happened to me has helped me and that might be helpful to you too. There are a lot of different forums you can visit that might relate to the things you're going through. 

If I can help at all, let me know! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Welcome @N.Bin to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

12 hours ago, N.Bin said:

Please I need Help, I battle everyday with the hurt and pain I live with within me.And Its Starting take a hold on my marriage. I need to know how to be free and not think about the things I know I need to address. 

Hi N.Bin,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured and the pain you struggle with. What happened to you was wrong, but you are not to blame. Dealing with and processing trauma is never easy. We are here for you tho, as our community is filled with many kind and understanding survivors. You will be supported and validated. It does take time for us all move a bit down this healing path, but it is possible. We just have to remember to keep fighting for it and that we are worthy of it.

Take your time and look around. Wishing you the best, as you continue down the road of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Dear. N bin

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

On 7/27/2020 at 10:39 AM, N.Bin said:

My marriage is also affected by the trauma I’ve experienced. 

We (my husband & I) are pursuing couples therapy. We both currently have our own individual therapy.  When I get worked up, I tend to have “word vomit” and it’s difficult for me to convey what I am thinking and feeling. He is more reserved & stoic, and will shut down. It’s not that he doesn’t want to understand, it’s that he can’t grasp the emotions or mental gymnastics that plague me.

I hope you can find something that helps both of you. You are not alone.

Dear @N.Bin,

I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you to us.  
It's an enormous pain to bear and it can ripple out and affect many of our relationships, even when we don't want it to.  

Feel free to read through our threads and post whenever you feel like you want to.  

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

• 4 months later...

Maybe you may try to practice yoga? It relaxes a lot. Before trying to practice yoga I always had muscle aches from simple positions a little more awkward but after that everything changed. I admit that at first, I didn't even expect to have such positive effects but after I found a yoga teacher trainings costa rica that instructs me and helps me step by step, I started to have really beautiful results, which makes me happy enormous.

Edited by Nymaset