Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone

Hi, I created my account a few weeks ago and thought that I wanted to try to introduce myself now.

I was sexually assaulted and mentally abused when I was a teenager by the guy I was together with. I'm now in my early 20s and trying to heal from that and other things that happened as a result around and after it.

I've been looking around on the forum a little bit, just reading, and I think this community seems amazing. I've felt very lonely and confused after what happened. But when I read the posts on the forum, I feel understood in a way I don't do elsewhere. And there seems to be so much love here. I want to be a part of that.

Hi everyone.jpg

Welcome @PumpkinPanda to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It is normal to feel confused and lonely after abuse.  I hope being here will be helpful for you.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi Alex,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you were hurt by your ex-bf. He was very wrong to hurt you and I hope you know that you are not to blame. You indeed have found a supportive community with many understanding and kind people. You are definitely not alone and are accepted as one of us.

It's always good to start slow, I think. Give yourself a change to get your footing and see what this new and unfamiliar place is about. We are here for you tho, when you are ready to jump in and interact. I wish you nothing but the best, as you move forward on this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

also...

:hug:  :bighug:   :hug:  

Welcome @PumpkinPanda to After Silence! I’m still pretty new and completely agree with you about feeling lonely. Until I joined AS I felt like no one understands what I go through everyday because of the CSA. All of that changed after joining. Everyone is understanding, supportive and compassionate. Post as little or as much as you would like. Feel free to reach out anytime. Sending you safe hugs and  :supportu:

Hi @PumpkinPanda and warmest of welcomes to After Silence!  I'm sorry for the circumstances under which you've arrived, but truly do hope that being among others who understand proves to be helpful as you embark upon this journey of healing. :)   We're happy to have you and it's my sincerest hope that you form genuine connections here. ❤️ 

Sending you all the hugs you can stand.  Again, welcome aboard.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Dear pumpkinpanda

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

I am happy you want to be a part of our community. :aswelcomesu:

I am sorry for what you have been through, the trauma you'd have to struggle with and coping with. Do know that we believe you. We are here for you!

- Wanna ☀️

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @PumpkinPanda

I’m glad you found your way to this forum. I’m new and really want to find some support because I feel like that’s the biggest thing I’m lacking in my healing journey. At the same time, I want to provide whatever support I can as well. Just know that I’m here if you ever need a friend or even just a friendly ear. Hopefully soon things will get better and easier for you.

On 8/9/2020 at 9:11 PM, isawabird said:

Hi @PumpkinPanda

I’m glad you found your way to this forum. I’m new and really want to find some support because I feel like that’s the biggest thing I’m lacking in my healing journey. At the same time, I want to provide whatever support I can as well. Just know that I’m here if you ever need a friend or even just a friendly ear. Hopefully soon things will get better and easier for you.

Thank you, I hope the same for you. :) I feel similar to you about support being the biggest thing lacking to be able to heal at the moment. I'm here for you too if you need a friend or someone to listen, and you're always welcome to PM me if you want to.