Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just wanted to say hello! My therapist recommended this website to me. I am still confused and have a lot of conflicting feelings (and terrible feelings) about what happened to me, but I am happy to be here. I've read through a lot of information so far, and everyone seems very supportive. Thank you all for making and being a part of such an important community!

Hello @Garnet I am Wanna ☀️

I am happy your therapist knows about After Silence. You might have noticed that we talk a bit about everything here, if you have checked our forums. I am deeply sorry for your reasons to be here and your trauma. I hope you will find the comfort you need in our community.

Our members are understanding and kind. The platform carries a wide diversity of survivors, and you are invited to post about what you feel comfortable to share about your past, present life, healing journey, coping and life in general. 

We are happy to have you! Welcome :flowers:

All best and stay safe 

- Wanna

Hi Garnet,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced and the confusion and mixed emotions your are struggling with. Unfortunately, these are normal affects to being hurt. Do know you are not alone, tho. Our community is filled with many other kind and understanding members. You will find tons of support.

I am glad you were recommended to us and that you decided to take the step and join. Reaching out I always think of as one of the most difficult decisions us survivors must take. Take your time and look around. I wish you many more steps forward on your journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi @Garnet

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a caring, supportive community and we are all here to help each other heal. It's normal to be confused and have so many feelings when you first start the healing process. Please know that you are not alone in how you are feeling. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. Hopefully by interacting on the site you will start to feel less alone. I hope that you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Dear garnet

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

9 hours ago, Garnet said:

Hi @WannaMoveOn, @MeBeMary, and @snmls! I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here as well. Thank you for reaching out, validating my feelings, and for your support! 

Any time Garnet! I hope you are ok. 

Welcome @Garnet to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Garnet!

I am also new to After Silence and I am so glad that you were able to reach out for support. I know this was mentioned in a reply above me but I have found that the step of making an actual introduction post is very challenging. You seem like a very strong person and I hope you find what you need here to help heal.