Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, everyone!

Hello, my name is Christina, I'm 24 and I've been dealing with my recovery through more than ten years. It's been easier with time, but there has been some events in the last year that had been making some noise in my head for a while. A friend of mine had intended to sexual assaulted me and months later a "close friend" had told me in a discussion that he hoped that someday I get raped. 

It has been hard to trust again in people around me, specially in men. But I started dating a few months ago a really nice guy that has been really supportive with every aspect of my life and trying to be there for me while I recover. I've been trying to get better since those events happened, but I have trust issues and I'm scared of some parts of intimacy again. I would like to  feel strong again and to believe that there are good people surrounding me. 

So I'm here to try to get support while I make what is on my hands to be at a more stable state of mine. 

Welcome @Cristina R to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hello @Cristina R and welcome to After Silence. I am Wanna ☀️

I am sorry about your trauma and that people you trusted would hurt you. Regaining the ability to trust can be challenging, but After Silence is here for you! Just know that none of this is your fault. 

Be patient with yourself. I hope you feel that you have the right help and are receiving the support that you need. This community carries a wide diversity of survivors, and our members form a wonderful community. Feel free to share in the amount you feel comfortable with, this is a safe place to vent.

I have doors open in case you would have any questions or just want a chat. 

Stay safe

- Wanna 

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Hi Cristina,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced just over 10 years ago and the recent issues with those posing as friends. Both of these individuals are far from being true friends and I know that can create such problems with trust and believing in others. I am sorry they betrayed your trust. You deserve much better. You will find support and understanding here. You are not alone.

One of the most difficult things for a survivor to do is trust enough to start a relationship. You need to find trust with the other person and trust in yourself to move forward with a relationship. It is nice to hear that you have someone that seems supportive and nice. I would just suggest keep communication lines open and do not rush yourself. Take small steps and move at a rate that is comfortable to you.

I am very happy you found our community and decided to reach out. I wish you the best as you move forward on the path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Dear cristina

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.