Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi! Yep, Another Newbie

Hi.

I'm just starting to try to cope with my abuse issues through means other than self-destructive coping mechanisms, so here I am.

I suppose it's customary to tell a bit of our stories?

I was abused by my mother's boyfriend. I can't quite remember how old I was the first time. Somewhere between 9 and 11. The last incident (which wasn't anything big) was when I was 20 or 21.

She just broke up with him a month or so ago, and maybe that's why it's all coming out now. I don't ever have to deal with him again, so it's safe to let it out now.

Oh, and I'm 23 now and happily married. I probably wouldn't be alive now if it wasn't for my husband. Poor guy.

Looking foward to getting to know all of you.

*hugs*

Hi Medley, I'm really sorry for what happened to you, but I'm glad you found this place, it's great here and everyone does there best to make you feel comfortable, which helps your healing. It's good to hear you have a great husband who supports you.

Looking forward to getting to know you more

~Janene

Medley,

welcome to After Silence, I wish you didn't have a reason to be here but I hope that you'll find plenty of support in here.

I'm sorry for all you had to go through, fortunately you have found love and support in your husband, that's wonderful. We never know when these memories and triggers will decide to come up and like you said you are probably allowing yourself to deal with it now bacause you finally feel safe and free of him.

Please feel free to lean on us for support or anything, we;ll make it through this together :hug:

Hugs,

Verena

I suppose it's customary to tell a bit of our stories?

sweetie, you don't have to tell anything you are not confortable with....there are no rules when it comes to sharing feelings. Think about yourself frist and what is best for you :up:

Thanks. I feel all welcome. :)

Actually this is the first time in months that I haven't been too scared to read replies to my posts on a message board.

Yeah...my husband does help a lot. I told him a little bit when we first started dating, but he didn't know the full story until a couple of days ago.

I also wish none of you had to be here.

Guest Madonna

((((Medley)))) I am so sorry that all of that happened to you. I am, however so relieved that you do not have to see that monster again!

Please continue to post so that we can get to know you better :)

Madonna

Hi Medley. Welcome to the board. As others have said, please take your time, get to know the place and share when you are ready. We are patient people :) and I am sure you will find several people who will identify with what you have been through as well as anything you are struggling with now.

Take good care.

~Kelly

Hi Medley and welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for everything you have gone through. I'm so glad you found us here. You not walk alone on this journey, we are here for you.

Take precious care of yourself,

Tracy

(((Medley))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for the pain that has brought you here. Make yourself comfortable and post only what you are ready when you are ready. This is a wonderful place to be for healing and support. I hope you come to love this place as much as I do. Know that you do not journey alone. We are here to walk with you. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.

Guest anonny

smilies-39380.png

I got smileys working overtime today! hehe!

Wonderful you have a supportive husband,Medley...sure you are finding that care and support here too.

Huggles,Carole

Edited by anonny
Guest geezzzlouise

medley,

hi. and another welcome tossed towards you. i'm brand new too (just a couple days old) and i have fallen in love with this place. it really is a good place to have because it is so understanding and caring. i am glad you are here despite the reasons that brought you here. take good care of yourself.

always,

sylvia

"geezzzlouise"