Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello all, 

It seems polite to offer a quick introduction to the members of this forum, so I'm popping in to say hello.

I'm here to - hopefully - gain a community.  It's been years and years since I've been a part of a forum for survivors. I was 15 when I first joined one, on Livejournal, ha, and though I wasn't nearly ready to deal with the trauma that I had experienced then, I found it to be a place of support and encouragement. It was the only safe space that I had to share my experience with sexual abuse as a child. It was a place where I was told, "I believe you," and "it's not your fault," and "hang in there," and "it's time for you to become a survivor," which were invaluable words to a young neglected kid without a support system.

Since then I have become an adult, gained and lost a religion, experienced trauma unrelated to sexual abuse, and spent untold hours in therapy and with self-healing books in the hopes of meeting my trauma face-on and using it to help others. Which is why I'm here - to return the favor that I experienced years ago on LJ, and to seek the support of those whose lives have also been impacted by sexual trauma. We are in this together. We are not alone.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community. 

Hi Calliope,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have experienced childhood trauma. It was undeserved and unfair. You have yet another safe place where you are supported by a community of wonderfully kind and understanding survivors. We do walk this path together and we are not alone.

You will find the same kind of validation here, perhaps with a new adult perspective. Tho it may take to to process and heal fully, there is no reason to have to do it alone. Feel free to look around our site and jump in where you feel most comfortable and share as little or as much as you like. No pressure and never any judgment. Do your own pace.

I am glad you decided to reach out. I wish you well as you move forward down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Dear @Calliope,

I'm sorry for the abuse that brought you to us, but this is a kind and supportive community full of people who, like yourself, have been working hard on their healing journey.  

It sounds like you understand how valuable a community of survivors is to healing from this kind of trauma, so welcome.  Feel free to read through our threads and post whenever you would like.  

Gold Raindrops

Dear calliope

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Lpp

Welcome @Calliope to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

11 hours ago, Calliope said:

Hello all, 

It seems polite to offer a quick introduction to the members of this forum, so I'm popping in to say hello.

I'm here to - hopefully - gain a community.  It's been years and years since I've been a part of a forum for survivors. I was 15 when I first joined one, on Livejournal, ha, and though I wasn't nearly ready to deal with the trauma that I had experienced then, I found it to be a place of support and encouragement. It was the only safe space that I had to share my experience with sexual abuse as a child. It was a place where I was told, "I believe you," and "it's not your fault," and "hang in there," and "it's time for you to become a survivor," which were invaluable words to a young neglected kid without a support system.

Since then I have become an adult, gained and lost a religion, experienced trauma unrelated to sexual abuse, and spent untold hours in therapy and with self-healing books in the hopes of meeting my trauma face-on and using it to help others. Which is why I'm here - to return the favor that I experienced years ago on LJ, and to seek the support of those whose lives have also been impacted by sexual trauma. We are in this together. We are not alone.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community. 

Hello @Calliope 

Let me second Livejournal. I believe in you, it was not your fault, because every bit is true. I am sorry for what happened to you, and sorry you went on for so long without a steady community. You have a kind, understanding and wide one right here. Your participation is highly welcomed. On this community, members have another's back, so you've come to the right place for mutual support. ☀️

I hope you will create a safe place here, please know the staff is available for any questions. 

Dear Newbie Support Team members, thank you so much for the warm welcome and encouragement. 

It feels a little silly to say, but being welcomed and accepted with such compassion and kindness is a rare gift, and I cherish it. Thank you all for giving of yourselves and your time in this way. 

5 hours ago, Calliope said:

Dear Newbie Support Team members, thank you so much for the warm welcome and encouragement. 

It feels a little silly to say, but being welcomed and accepted with such compassion and kindness is a rare gift, and I cherish it. Thank you all for giving of yourselves and your time in this way. 

Not silly at all, I am glad you feel compassion and kindness, and do hope you will continue to do so. Please feel free to explore our platform and it's other forums. Do not hesitate to reach out to the staff if you need anything at all or just want a chat. Have a nice day ☀️ :aswelcomesu: