Hi there After Silence peeps,

you can call me Mango. I found the site after a teacher from high school posted a resource list on her instagram. The day I decided to visit the site I had experienced painful resurfaced memories from this past summer while with my lover. I cried so hard the only thing that reassured him was when I told him I found a support forum for survivors and I joined. 

I just recently finished college, and my assault stories I can share in the other forum, but there is more than one, and that alone I have found difficult to accept. 

Recently, I have been asked to redescribe an assault that happened my freshmen year of college to an administrator from my school, just to tell me they could not do anything. 

to add insult to injury, a SA lawsuit has been made against the board of trustees at our school, and the man, a different man, who was observing the abuse for years and doing nothing, has been identified but complimented and announced that he will still be representing our school.

As a survivor I’m just flat out embarrassed to have attended. But, I am proud that I know as much as I do because unless this man is removed every girl student who joins our board of trustees will be subject to his objective thoughts, opinions, conversations, and power. 

I hope this is not too much information. I am hopeful there will be a voice on here, or more, that will understand and able to extend their support. Thank you in advance. I will also be giving all the support I am able to in return.

Sincerely,

Mango

Hello @mango_star1 and welcome to After Silence! 

I am sorry for what you have been through. I am happy we are having you here though, and that you feel comfortable enough to open up here. You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of, and I do hope you know that nothing in this is your fault. Whatever happens next with your re-description and healing, know that this forum can provide you with a wide support system of kind members.

Hope to keep seeing you coming here. ☀️

- Wanna   

Welcome @mango_star1 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi Mango,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you experienced trauma last summer and any previous situations of abuse you endured. You are not alone. Your teacher recommended a very supportive and understanding community of survivors who will accept and validate your experiences. Nobody had the right to hurt you.

It is incredibly brave to speak out, as I'm not sure if you are aware, it is a rare occurrence.  As you likely know, it is very difficult to speak out, not knowing the reaction of others or if any re-victimization will happen. You've taken steps many of us haven't been able to...yet we do like to see justice, so I hope at the very least, he is removed from his position.

I am glad you took your teacher's recommendation and joined our community. I wish you the best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

BTW...the amount you shared is acceptable, as you seemed to stop where you thought was enough in a public forum, and I agree. :)

:aswelcomesu:

Dear mango

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Lpp