Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello AS, I found this group online after looking for support. And I think this anonymous outlet is perfect. 
During quarantine I’ve just been feeling more alone and isolated with no one to relate to. I’m a more recent survivor like in February but some other things happened a while back too. Since feb I’ve been taking steps to heal but it’s really hard. I’ve already met with 2 different therapists and I’ve found they help me for a few sessions and then I just can’t continue and I’m not really sure why. Idk I want to heal but sometimes I feel like I can’t. I really just try to forget and push away but I guess I’m on here to work on healing. 
Also I saw that there are female-only forums. I’d like to be connected to that if possible.

Hi Kaley,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured a few months ago, as well as ones in a more distant past. Nobody has the right to hurt another like this and I am so sorry you were. You will find support, kindness, and understanding here. You are not alone.

Many of us have been like you and have tried to deny or ignore it. Sometimes the struggles associated with trauma will sadly not leave you alone. I'm sorry you have had trouble finding a therapist right for you. This can be that you are a bit apprehensive still, which is not unusual at all, plus the therapists you have seen weren't good matches for you. Tho most therapist may be qualified, if that comfort and bond doesn't develop, it isn't a good match. Perhaps when you are ready, you will try again.

You do have support here tho and is an alternative to start with. It did take courage to reach out, as I know admitting you are ready to work on your struggles isn't an easy thing for anyone. I do encourage you to look around and get a feel for the place. Interact where you are comfortable and with what you are comfortable with. I wish you well as you continue this journey in healing.

Mary

BTW...I will send you the password to the female forum in a PM.

:youcanheal:

3 hours ago, Kaley said:

Hello AS, I found this group online after looking for support. And I think this anonymous outlet is perfect. 
During quarantine I’ve just been feeling more alone and isolated with no one to relate to. I’m a more recent survivor like in February but some other things happened a while back too. Since feb I’ve been taking steps to heal but it’s really hard. I’ve already met with 2 different therapists and I’ve found they help me for a few sessions and then I just can’t continue and I’m not really sure why. Idk I want to heal but sometimes I feel like I can’t. I really just try to forget and push away but I guess I’m on here to work on healing. 
Also I saw that there are female-only forums. I’d like to be connected to that if possible.

Dear kaley

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

4 hours ago, Kaley said:

Hello @Kaley and welcome to After Silence! First of all, I am deeply sorry for what you have been experiencing and the consequences to follow. Your story is your story, you own it and we believe it.

This is a safe community. I'd second @missfrier, I have also found this platform being particularly non-judgmental. Here you can get advice, open up and receive support from various types of survivors.

Stay safe and welcome, I hope you find what you need here. You can always contact someone in our staff if you have any questions. 

All best and hope to talk to you soon, 

Welcome @Kaley to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I too have felt more isolated during quarantine as have many others.  Therapy has really helped me.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Kaley and welcome to After Silence!!  I'm so glad you're here, although I am sorry for the circumstances under which you have arrived; and that those events are very recent ones.  I know how long it took for me to reach out, so I have a lot of admiration for you and for your strength.  You've taken a big step in doing so; I do hope being here among others who understand will bring you peace, comfort and healing.

Please try not to worry about the therapy issue.  Maybe you and your past therapists just are not a good fit; this does not necessarily mean you have failed at anything - it just means perhaps it's time to search for someone else.  I find that to ask if a therapist has experience working with trauma might make a difference.  I wish you well with that - best of luck!

Sending you my best wishes,
Capulet