Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New, nervous and ashamed

Hi everyone,

I’m not really sure where to begin here... tonight is the first time I’ve even searched for a forum like this! Up until now I’ve brushed my experience under the carpet and have blamed myself for much of what happened. I haven’t told a soul. But since lockdown there hasn’t been a day pass where I haven’t thought about it.

I know not to share any details in this forum, but I just really need to share my experience, get it off my chest and get some advice, even with classifying what happened to me. This website seemed really supportive, so I thought I’d give it a go. 

Hoping some of you lovely people could help me out with where to start. Thank you 💕

Hi @sunflower23

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced in your life, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This site is a wonderful community filled with kind, supportive people. We are all here to help each other heal. Please know that what happened to you was not your fault and you did not deserve to be treated in that way. Sharing and talking with other survivors can be really beneficial for the healing process. Take some time looking around the site and then post whenever you feel comfortable. I look forward to seeing you around the site and I wish you the best. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome @sunflower23 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

2 hours ago, sunflower23 said:

Hi everyone,

I’m not really sure where to begin here... tonight is the first time I’ve even searched for a forum like this! Up until now I’ve brushed my experience under the carpet and have blamed myself for much of what happened. I haven’t told a soul. But since lockdown there hasn’t been a day pass where I haven’t thought about it.

I know not to share any details in this forum, but I just really need to share my experience, get it off my chest and get some advice, even with classifying what happened to me. This website seemed really supportive, so I thought I’d give it a go. 

Hoping some of you lovely people could help me out with where to start. Thank you 💕

Hi sunflower,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have experienced. It is never right to be treated this way. Do know that nothing you could ever do could make it your fault. You did not deserve to be hurt.

Feel free to look around our community and read or interact where you feel comfortable. I find knowing that you aren't as alone as you once thought, priceless. I hope you will soon feel the same. Our members are truly supportive and understanding. We accept you.

It was a big step to reach out and say that I am not going to hide from it anymore. I brushed it under the carpet for years, but even if I didn't acknowledge, my struggles where still present. I am glad you were brave enough to join. Do know you are worthy of healing. I wish you well as you begin this journey down this healing path.

Mary

:notalone: 

21 hours ago, sunflower23 said:

Hi everyone,

Dear sunflower23

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Dear @sunflower23,

I'm sorry for the experiences that brought you to us, but I'm happy you found this community.

Many of us know about sweeping our experiences under the rug and how difficult it is to process what happened.  This is a great place to start looking at it.  Feel free to read through our forums and post whenever you are able.

I remember joining AS and being all of those things:  new, nervous and ashamed.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

@sunflower23 There is a forum called Share Your Story.  Once you get 10 posts you will have access to it.  An easy way to get more posts quickly is to post in the Amusement Alcove or Humor and Silliness forums.

The Share Your Story forum is here:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/1-share-your-story/

Amusement Alcove forum is here:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/27-amusement-alcove/

And Humor and Silliness! forum is here:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/26-humor-and-silliness33/