Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Nervous and Alone

Hi everyone I'm Saoirse. I'm very nervous about posting here.  After only 5 months since I was attacked on a work night out , a new promotion and being a 'key worker' during the lockdown in the early stages I was able to focus work rather then me. how ever many weeks it has been now I have become so closed off to people round me I don't know to begin to start opening up again.

I'm just so tired of being alone with this I'm hoping to find some support here 

@Empty Tears

Hi saoirse, wecome to After Silence. Im sorry for what you have been through and that you have reason to be here. Here you are not alone it is a safe and understanding place. Take your time to look around the site and talk to people. You have been so brave in joining and making your first post, I hope being here helps you on your healing journey. B ❤

@Empty Tears

Hi Saoirse, I'm glad you found this site. I joined a few months ago and have found people to be very encouraging. I'm so sorry for what happened to you. You didn't deserve that and it was definitely NOT your fault. I understand how easy it is to become closed off to people. Just know that you're not alone here. Take your time getting to know this site and know that there are people on here, including me, who are here to support you.

-Kim 

@Empty TearsHi Saoirse, I sometimes feel very closed off to others and feel tired of being alone. I feel like I desperately want to be close to others but at the same time I'm afraid and feel a lot of shame when I start to get close to people. You've been able to reach out to us, so you have started opening up. 

Welcome @Empty Tears to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

10 hours ago, Empty Tears said:

Hi everyone I'm Saoirse. I'm very nervous about posting here.  After only 5 months since I was attacked on a work night out , a new promotion and being a 'key worker' during the lockdown in the early stages I was able to focus work rather then me. how ever many weeks it has been now I have become so closed off to people round me I don't know to begin to start opening up again.

Hi Saoirse,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry to hear what you experienced just 5 months ago. It is never right for anyone to hurt you this way. I do hope you know that you did nothing wrong. You will find support here and please know you are not alone. We have many here at different stages of the healing process from old and new experiences. They are a good group and are very understanding and kind.

I am glad you have taken the first steps to reach out. Many of us try to deny it, but as you already noticed denial can cause it's own set of issues. I am sure lockdown to has caused it's own issues.

Feel free to look around the site. Interact where you are comfortable and do know...we've all been new before. You will face no judgment or pressure from anyone here. I wish you the very best as you begin your journey down this path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

On 6/19/2020 at 2:22 PM, Empty Tears said:

Dear empty tears

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.