Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Back To say Thank You!

Hi all! 

I was coming on here a couple years ago looking for help figuring out if my marriage was abusive.  Surprise! It was.

I told him I needed space and moved out on my own a year ago- thanks partly to getting individual therapy but just as much due to all the help I received on here.  

I’m so grateful for everyone’s repsonses during that time. It was what I needed.  

I never thought I would be able to make it on my own,  but I’m actually doing better than ever on my own.  And I’m working towards getting divoraced.  

Thank you After Silence  and everyone who helped me.  

Hi Seagoat,

Welcome back! I do remember you from when you were on a couple years ago. I am sorry your marriage was abusive, but happy that you sorted thru it and found your way better than living with this. You do deserve better and it seems to me you empowered yourself to get better. I am happy for that.

The site is just a wonderful as you likely remember, tho the faces have likely changed some. There are still some tho that I am sure you will remember. If you need support, you know this community will give it. If your giving support, I know the members will appreciate it.

I wish you the best always.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:  Back!!!

On 6/19/2020 at 6:09 AM, Seagoat said:

Hi all! 

I was coming on here a couple years ago looking for help figuring out if my marriage was abusive.  Surprise! It was.

I told him I needed space and moved out on my own a year ago- thanks partly to getting individual therapy but just as much due to all the help I received on here.  

I’m so grateful for everyone’s repsonses during that time. It was what I needed.  

I never thought I would be able to make it on my own,  but I’m actually doing better than ever on my own.  And I’m working towards getting divoraced.  

Thank you After Silence  and everyone who helped me.  

Dear seagoat

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,