Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New. Dealt with things on my own as I hate believing anything I do now will erase anything that's happened. Finding difficulty being okay with it. I am unsure this is the right way, but opposite of what I could do, this is a viable option. Just unsure of next step. Wait...are there steps? Crap. Could use a little direction

Hello @Polk and welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear that you have trauma that brings you here to the forums, but we are glad you found us :) Healing is definitely a complicated thing for everyone- being here helps us all feel not so alone during the process. It is also different for each one of us here,but you will find there are always people that can relate to your posts and posts that other members have made that may answer some questions you may have about your own struggles. I really hope this site can bring comfort to you-at least in knowing you are not alone through this.

Sending you support!

:supportu:

sam 🖤🌻

Welcome @Polk to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

9 hours ago, Polk said:

New. Dealt with things on my own as I hate believing anything I do now will erase anything that's happened. Finding difficulty being okay with it. I am unsure this is the right way, but opposite of what I could do, this is a viable option. Just unsure of next step. Wait...are there steps? Crap. Could use a little direction

Hi Polk,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have experienced trauma, but do know you will find tons of support here. You are not alone. Sadly you are correct that nothing can erase what has happened to us, but learning to manage our struggles and finding ways to have a better future is what we all are striving for. Tho healing is not an easy process, things can get better. Do know you are worth it, so keep fighting for it. We are here for you.

Take your time and look around. Feel free to interact where and when you feel most comfortable. I wish you many forward steps (yes steps, but forward ones) on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @Polk

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a safe and supportive community. There is no right or wrong way to heal. The healing process is tough and filled with ups and downs, but you will get through it. Joining this site was a good "step" forward. It can be really helpful to talk with other survivors, so that you can see that you are not alone in how you are feeling. Take some time looking around the site and then feel free to post whenever you are ready. You can use the forums as a resource in the way you see best for yourself. Wishing you all the best. 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:21 PM, Polk said:

Dear polk

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

Thanks for y'all's welcome. Now I got to see about what comes next. No matter how this shakes out (either a flaming mess or a spectacular fireworks display) it should be highly entertaining. Sigh. Super fun