Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi - introducing myself

Hi everyone, I'm new here.  I got out of an abusive relationship last year and up until COVID happened was having support sessions with a DV counselor.  I've been struggling some recently due to unavoidable interactions with my ex and am looking forward to having a place where I can share with people who understand.

@fiercekitten

Welcome to after the Silence - So glad you found us. I am sorry ex abused you and Im sorry that you have to interact with him. I have found that the people on AS are always supportive and kind.

I just wanted to say Hi and welcome.

Hi fiercekitten (love the name!),

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you were involved in an abusive relationship, but happy you were able to get out. I do wish that you didn't have to interact with him and hopefully that will come in time. You have found a truly supportive site with many understanding and supportive members. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around the site. You can interact when and where you feel most comfortable. I am glad you decided to join our community and wish you the best on many steps forward on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome @fiercekitten to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

On 6/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, fiercekitten said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here.  I got out of an abusive relationship last year and up until COVID happened was having support sessions with a DV counselor.  I've been struggling some recently due to unavoidable interactions with my ex and am looking forward to having a place where I can share with people who understand.

Hello @fiercekitten and welcome to After Silence. I am sorry you have to see your abusive ex :( that must be very triggering for you. I hope you are able to continue to see you DV counselor soon- it seems like that was a great source of support for you. The forums here are also full of extremely supportive members and resources about so many things- DV being one of them. I hope you are able to find comfort here in knowing that you are not alone. Sending you support!

:supportu:

sam 🖤🌻

On 6/11/2020 at 12:49 AM, fiercekitten said:

Dear feircekitten

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!