Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not sure that i know what im doing

I am new to this. This is my first day. I dont know what im supposed to write. My therapist recommended for me to try and find an online support group (since i dont really have the urge to be in a physical one). Googled support groups and this came up. Still getting use to this site, poking around clicking on different tabs to see what im doing, lol. I don;t know what to open up about what ive been through. It's something that happened 13 years ago. It only recently came up when i went to visit a psychiatrist and then i talked about it a little bit with my therapist. It's it funny, maybe not funny, how something can leave your mind for so long and then just spring up out of nowhere. I've never talked about it with anyone, never got into the real details even with my therapist, because i still dont know how i feel about it. I know writing about things in a journal can be helpful, but im even having trouble writing down my thoughts in a journal lately. I figured i would give this a whirl. Thanks to whoever may read this, like i said, still kind of getting use to here and making sure im doing this right, lol.

Hello Dreamer,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you endured 13 years ago, but do know you will find support here in our little community. I am glad that finding a place like AfterSilence was recommended to you. It will take a little time, but you will find yourself getting more comfortable as you go.

Looking around the site is a very good way to start. Many of us start that way, as starting anything new can be a little uneasy. There is never pressure to rush, just to go your own pace. Sharing is optional, but do know there are many who understand and you are not alone.

Again, I am glad you decided to join, it is a brave step for any of us. I wish you more steps forward as you navigate down this path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hey @Dreamer24,

I'm sorry you've had to go through this type of thing, but I'm glad you're reaching out & that you found After Silence. I got on this site a few months ago and have found it to be a good place to just get things out and allow others to encourage you. The people on here have been really kind and are willing to share their experiences/wisdom with you (if that's something you want). Anyways, just wanted to say hey and welcome you on here :) 

Feel free to message me if you'd like,

Kim 

@Dreamer24

Welcome - Im glad you found After the Silence. It helped me accept that I was not alone - I can always find something on AS that is similar to what I'm experiencing. I found that everyone is so supportive and kind. Take your time and do what you feel comfortable with.

Please reach out and message someone if you would like

Sitting with you if ok 

Hi, @Dreamer24 - 

Welcome to After Silence! There are a lot of people here that were recommended this site by their therapist, and I'm one of them too! You are certainly not alone :) I was also not wanting to join an in-person support group so we have that in common as well. I hope that you're liking it here so far! I know it can be intimidating and confusing and a lot to take it - don't let it overwhelmed you! Just take things at your own pace and explore as much as you need to! If you need help, NST (Newbie Support Team) is a wonderful group of people that can help answer any questions you might have. There are also board tutorials that might help! 

Again, welcome to the site :) feel free to share whatever you want to whenever you feel ready to share it. There's no pressure to share anything you aren't ready to share here! But we are waiting with open arms when you want to take that step :throb:

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

Welcome @Dreamer24 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 1:28 AM, Dreamer24 said:

I am new to this. This is my first day. I dont know what im supposed to write. My therapist recommended for me to try and find an online support group (since i dont really have the urge to be in a physical one). Googled support groups and this came up. Still getting use to this site, poking around clicking on different tabs to see what im doing, lol. I don;t know what to open up about what ive been through. It's something that happened 13 years ago. It only recently came up when i went to visit a psychiatrist and then i talked about it a little bit with my therapist. It's it funny, maybe not funny, how something can leave your mind for so long and then just spring up out of nowhere. I've never talked about it with anyone, never got into the real details even with my therapist, because i still dont know how i feel about it. I know writing about things in a journal can be helpful, but im even having trouble writing down my thoughts in a journal lately. I figured i would give this a whirl. Thanks to whoever may read this, like i said, still kind of getting use to here and making sure im doing this right, lol.

Dear dreamer

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!