Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone :)

Hello everyone, I'm a bit nervous/excited to be here.  Never really talked to anyone about my past or current abuse ever.  Even though I've dedicated most my life to rescue/emotional support for people who went through what I did.  So now that I'm somewhere in my late 30's (Stopped counting at 6) I need to do something to take care of myself or I won't be any use to anyone.  I always do my best to be positive, upbeat and be polight.  I'll post my story soon as I can.  I really like the environment I've seen checking things out the last few days.  Thank you all very much for having me here ❤️

Edited by Romani

Hi, @Romani - 

Welcome to After Silence! I understand the mix of emotions that comes with joining a site like this. It's a good thing to step out to take care of yourself! I hope that by being here, you are able to get the support you need and deserve. :) Feel free to share whatever you like when you feel ready to do so! Just know, though, that there is no pressure to share anything you are not ready to share. You are in control here and you get to choose what you share and when you share it. 

We do have a forum that is made exclusively for people to share their stories! That forum is called Share Your Story and it will automatically unlock for you once you've reached 10 posts. These posts can be boards that you've created or they can be responses to other boards. Please do keep in mind that because that forum is for stories, it can often be very triggering so please make sure you are in a good frame of mind if you decide to visit :) 

If you have any questions or need anything at all, don't hesitate to give me a shout! I'm around all the time :notalone:

Warmest welcome,
Poppy

Dear romie

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Welcome @Romani to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

I appreciate everyone's acceptance, im trying my best to familiarize myself with your procedures and policies, I'm a bit obsessive about general polightness and courtisey and I'm also not the most tech savvy so please let me know if I make any mistakes; I can take criticism so don't worry 🙂  Thank you again

Hi Romani,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you have been thru, but you will find tons of support here. Our members are the best! I do find many survivors are excellent care-givers, except when it comes to themselves. I am glad you have decided you are worth it! You truly are. Checking out the forums I think is the best way to get familiar and comfortable here at AfterSilence.

It is great you are reading thru the guidelines and such. There might be a lot to read, but you will find a common theme among them. Kindness and respect. You seem already to be this way, so I think there will be hardly the worry you will do anything improperly. I am glad you have found our community and wish you well as you travel this road of healing. 

Mary

:supportu: