Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here

Hi Scars!  Welcome to After Silence.  You'll find there are lots of people who are in the same boat and that there is always someone willing to lend an ear.  You're definitely not alone.  

I'm called Cap and I'm one of the site's moderators.  You will soon hear from a Newbie Support Team member but in the meantime, please know that I am here if you have any questions! :)  

Again, welcome to the site.

All the best,
Cap

Welcome @Scars to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

We welcome all survivors, regardless of whether or not you have told others.  Who you share your experiences with is up to you.  

i find it really hard to trust people. Very minimal people know my story. i am only 16 years old and my abuse has gone on since i was 13. it only ended earlier this year. my parents have no idea what has happened to me and this is the only way i can get help.

1 hour ago, Scars said:

hello Cap im just wondering is this just for people who have come out about their abuse.

Nope - we are for people in all stages of healing, we even have some members who might unfortunately still be in an abusive situation.  

As 8888 has said, we welcome all members who have been sexually abused or assaulted - regardless of where they may be in their healing processes.  There are still some people I have not come out to, either.  That is, of course, my choice....as is yours to decide who you would be comfortable sharing information with.  You don't have to do that here, either, if you're not ready.  That is probably what I like the most about this community - you can share only what you're comfortable with and you'll never be pressured by anyone to talk about things you don't. :) 

Have you browsed our Teens and Young Adults forums?  I found that when I was new here, reading was a good way to familiarize myself with the site and with other members.  Jump in wherever you are comfortable! :)  The people here are truly fantastic and I'm sure you will love being here.

Hi Scars,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have gone thru and the struggles you face. It isn't right for anyone to abuse another like this. You will find support here tho. We have many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

It takes great courage to reach out, I want you to know that. I wish that I had an option like this when I was your age. Having others who understand does make a big difference. I've only been here 5 years, but I think that it has been the most productive 5 years that I've ever had. I was so relieved when I found this place. I hope you soon feel the same.

I wish you many forward steps as you begin your journey in healing. Remember, you are not alone and we walk with you.

Mary

:notalone:

Dear scars

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

Your so very brave we are all here for you.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Hi, @Scars - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but I hope that being here will be encouraging to you. I know this can be so scary and sometimes it's easy to feel like you are alone, but I assure you that you are not alone. There are so many people here that understand what you're going through! 

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm here as much as I can be! My inbox is open. :throb:

Warmest welcome,
Poppy