Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Hello everyone,

I find myself here after a long process of uncovering the truth of my past along with some other more recent events. After coming up empty as far as who in my life I could process this with I realized that there are countless people in this world who share my experience. This is all a bit scary, but I’m at the point of no return. I am finally prioritizing health over fear. So, hello! :)

Hello!  We are all glad to have you here and understand how scary it is too.  It took me forever to get up the nerve to join but I knew it was needed for my sanity.  Hopefully we can help you too :) 

Dear ocher

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi, @OcHer - 

Welcome to After Silence! You are absolutely right - there are so many people that understand what you're going through and you found a great place to share in that and find those people! I hate that you have reason to be here, but I'm glad you found us :) 

Keep looking around post as you feel comfortable. We are all here to support you and listen when you need us! If you need anything at all, I'm just a quick message away any time. Feel free to shoot me a message! :notalone:

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

17 hours ago, OcHer said:

Hello everyone,

I find myself here after a long process of uncovering the truth of my past along with some other more recent events. After coming up empty as far as who in my life I could process this with I realized that there are countless people in this world who share my experience. This is all a bit scary, but I’m at the point of no return. I am finally prioritizing health over fear. So, hello! :)

Hi OcHer,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, both recent and long ago. You will find tons of support and understanding. You are not alone. It is a very brave thing to do to reach out and you are so right, countless survivors know your experience. It is a sad truth, but I believe we all feel a bit grateful not to be alone in this. So welcome!

Take your time and look around our site. When you are comfortable, feel free to interact. You will not judged or pressured in any way, but you may find validation along with the support. It is something every survivor needs and deserves. I do wish you the best as you continue down a path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome @OcHer to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.