Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

He received a year's probation

I was sexually assaulted and raped in 2012. He was beating me and robbing me. It lasted for two years. I could not escape. I went to the police multiple times. He received a year's supervised probation. He's done it to others. He confessed to me that he raped some boy before he got a hold of me. Where is the justice and protection?

Welcome @Annalisa to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here and that you didn't get the justice you deserve.  I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

@Annalisa oh gosh I am so sorry to hear what you have been through :( I am not sure why justice and safety is not a priority for us. I am heartbroken you didn’t receive the protection you needed 💔 

I hope you can find comfort here on the forums. Sitting with you if okay? 

sam🖤

Hi Annalisa,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so very sorry for all the abuse you endured and the lack of help the justice system was. It is sad to know another one gets off virtually with no punishment and you still struggle. This is not fair. I cannot give an answer why justice often fails and abusers are not held accountable. It truly is a flawed system. I'm sorry.

I am glad that you decided to reach out here. You will find support and understanding. You are not alone. Take your time to look around and when you are comfortable, feel free to interact and share with what you feel comfortable with. I wish you the best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @Annalisa

Welcome to After Silence.

I am so sorry for all that you went through.  You certainly deserved to be protected and for much more justice than what was given!

Sitting in support.

Tsabu  :butterfly:

Hi, @Annalisa - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you were so wrongfully done justice. It seems cases like these are so hard to get people to take seriously. People that haven't been abused this way often times just don't seem to understand the impact it has on the victim. You were so brave to go to the police and I'm so sorry they didn't support you the way you deserved. 

I hope you are out of that situation now and doing better. You certainly don't deserve to be treated that way. If you need anything at all, my inbox is always open and you can send a message any time you'd like. :notalone:

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

Dear @Annalisa,

I'm sorry that the justice system failed you, but I cannot help but read what you wrote and think of all the victories you achieved.

1.  You were brave enough to report it and endure criminal justice proceedings.

2.  You have created a legal record of his actions.

3.  You survived.

4.   You're here, speaking to other survivors and sharing your story, big steps towards healing.  

Those are big victories, and try to be proud of yourself.  :)

Gold Raindrops

Dear annalisa

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

That is a very common thought to have as a survivor. We think of the what could I have done differently. Why didn’t I do this or do that. What if...

You did nothing wrong. There are ugly people out there and they do ugly things. What they did is their fault, not yours. You did not ask for it or permit it. You survived it.

Sadly tho with surviving, you have to deal with the aftermath. It’s not fair, but do know we are with you. You are not alone. 

• 2 weeks later...