Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Dear purpledime

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

@purpledime Oh I am so sorry to hear you are struggling with this :( these urges with addiction are so tough, especially right now. I am sorry you have reasons to be here with us, but we are glad you’ve found this site :) 

sitting with you if okay? 

sam🖤

Hi purpledime,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you are facing. These are unfair and wrong. You will find much support here, as we have many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

Take your time and look around. Feel free to interact when comfortable and share what you prefer. There is no pressure. I wish you well as you continue down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

I'm sorry to hear that,  I know the feeling.  I was wrongly introduced to numerous drugs early as a teenager from my brother.  I don't use anything anymore and have been clean for a long time.  I know what it's like to fight these urges.   I always tried to find something to distract to help when fighting these urges. for me personally video games helped me a lot. I was able to escape in a fantasy world.   I'm always here if you need to talk, feel free to message me.

Hi, @purpledime - 

Welcome to After Silence! I hope this community is helpful to you during this difficult time. If you need anything, I'm always around! Wishing you all the best. 

Warmest welcome,
Poppy