Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello- new here

Hi, just wanted to say hi. 

I used to use a forum years a go which has since closed. I miss being able to vent and express myself to people who truly get it! 
Felt like I was betraying old site if I looked for a new one. But I need to be able to just explode and for others to say 'yep, I totally get that'. 

I am going through two polices cases at the moment which are slow and I'm not too hopeful about. Both my word against theirs and no physical evidence. 

It's hard! 

Welcome @doing-good. I'm sorry your old forum has closed and you have to start over. I would find that both difficult and frustrating. I've only been here since February, but have found it to be an incredibly supportive place and I hope you will too. It was a bit overwhelming for me at first. I began by just reading and exploring.

You should be so proud of yourself for going to the police and standing up for yourself. I haven't yet decided if I am going to report my assault for the same reasons you mentioned. Sexual assault can be so difficult to prove, but that certainly doesn't mean it didn't happen. It doesn't mean we haven't been hurt. 

We are always here if you need anything.

Peace and love,

GBG

Hi, @doing-good - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry your old forum closed down, but I hope we are able to help fill the void you have! I know from experience that this community is truly wonderful. I was apprehensive to join when I first came here, but I am so glad I did! I hope that you will feel the same way. This is a great place to vent and release your frustrations and talk to someone that understands what you're going through :) We've all been through this hard battle so we can all relate in some aspects! 

I hope you start to feel at home here soon. If you need anything at all, I'm just a quick shout away! Feel free to message any time :notalone:

Best wishes,
Poppy

Welcome @doing-good to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, 

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. 
I miss my old site but it went years a go. 
I'm sure here will be just as good. 
just nice to know I'm in similar company. 
struggling a little in lockdown surrounded by people who don't get me. 

thanks again. 

d-g 

Hi doing-good,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but do know that you will find tons of support here. Our community is filled with understanding and kind members. It is a shame that your old forum closed down, but try to think of it as the people and not the place. I find AfterSilence wonderful because of the survivors who have come here from all over. There really isn't a more supportive individual than someone who really gets it. Try to think of more as reuniting to the overall community of survivors, not the specific place itself. We really aren't anything special without our members.

So I do in a way welcome you and welcome you back. You deserve the support that you are looking for and need, the same as you once did. I am certain you will find it.

Wishing you the very best as you continue to navigate this path we all call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Dear doing good

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!