Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Greetings! I made my account weeks ago, but hadn't posted because I felt intimated and overwhelmed, unsure if I "belonged" here.

But I want to work past those fears. Even just typing this I feel like I'm about to cry (in a good way). Going through people's posts, I feel that I am not so alone. Thank you for existing. 💗

hello and welcome!

AS is a great resource and you definitely do belong here. this is a really good community and a safe space. i joined about a week ago and it was hard for me to make my first post or even my first comment and now i'm on everyday interacting with posts. it definitely gets easier!

take care,

A

Hello silhouettes,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but be assured, you will find support. Our members are truly understanding and kind. I also want you to know that at least half the members here have struggled with the intimidating feeling of if they even belonged here. Sadly, we often minimize our own experience as we begin to sympathize with others. The first rule (not really a rule, more of unwritten understanding) is we try not to compare to others. It is ok to feel something for others, but we all matter here. You matter!

I am glad you have already started to look around and feel less alone. This is really the second part of being a member here in our community. First is support, second is to be part of this community and not be alone. We all need that understanding and validation and this is exactly the place where it will happen.

Wishing you the very best as you make forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

6 hours ago, silhouettes said:

Greetings! I made my account weeks ago, but hadn't posted because I felt intimated and overwhelmed, unsure if I "belonged" here.

But I want to work past those fears. Even just typing this I feel like I'm about to cry (in a good way). Going through people's posts, I feel that I am not so alone. Thank you for existing. 💗

Dear silhouettes

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @silhouettes to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here.  We welcome survivors of sexual assault and their supporters regardless of the circumstances, so I'm sure you do fit here.  I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @silhouettes - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you've been so intimidated - I was the same way when I joined! But I am so glad I took the first step in posting and became so involved in this community. It's been a rewarding experience and everyone has been incredibly supportive. I hope that you will feel welcomed here and enjoy being part of this community! You are wanted here :aswelcomesu:

If you need anything at all, I'm just a quick holler away! Feel free to shoot a message any time you'd like :) 

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy