Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Nel

Hi :) I'm Nel. I'm in my 20s and an avid reader, cat lover, and coffee connoisseur, nice to virtually meet you. I've been on here for a bit before posting, just looking around - I've never been able to say much about my own trauma. But for the past year I've had a job working with abused kids (not at that job anymore) and the environment and triggers were just a lot to deal with... and being unable to talk about it kept me from handling it in a healthy way. So yeah. Figured if I couldn't talk about it in person, might as well start online! And here I am. Anyway, I hope quarantining is going okay for you all, and look forward to interacting more on here! 

Hello 👋 Welcome to AS. 

You will find this a safe place to share...I cannot really speak out loud at all IRL of my traumas, but find that there are many kindred spirits here. 

Welcome to our little corner of the inter web  

Cheers, 

invisible

Hello and welcome!

I recently made my first two posts last night and it wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. Speaking about it irl has never been easy but being in this community has allowed me to share my piece without feeling completely naked. 

I'm sorry for what happened to you but happy you have found this community!

-A

Hi Nel,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have experienced, but do know this is a very supportive site. Our community is filled with understanding members that you will be likely to relate too, but is quite ok if you take your time looking around. It is how I started. I also never found it very easy to tell others about exactly what happened, but found it easier to let out pieces as I responded in support to others. Whatever way you decide to utilize this great site is up to your comfort level.

I hope you find ways to make some steps on this path of healing. We are here for you.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Dear nel

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi, @Nel - 

Welcome to After Silence! It's nice to virtually meet you :) I hope that by being here you are able to share what happened and feel more power over your story. Of course, there's no rush with sharing. Share as much as you want then you feel ready to do so. We will be here with open arms when you're ready! Until then, I hope you can find comfort here in listening to others. 

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to me. 

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

Welcome @Nel to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Im a new person on here as well. I've avoided talking about this to a group but with this quarantine, I feel like I need a community, people who understand but also people who are okay with encouragement even when it's hard (no pressure or anything) . I'll try to bring the same energy to group as well :). So hi to everyone! I hope this is the start of a great friendship!

Hello @0auburn8,

A warm welcome to you, as well! I am sorry you have reasons to be here, but you are accepted and supported as well. You are not alone. Wishing you many steps of healing on your journey!

Mary

:aswelcomesu: , too!

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming :) It makes me feel supported and safe here to read your kind words~