Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First day on this forum

Hi everyone. This is first day on this forum and my second self-initiated post. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 32 year old female from Canada and a survivor of a 24 year old childhood trauma. I was encouraged to find an anonymous community of support by my husband just to give myself a place to unwind and discuss my traumas with people who are not judging and can relate like others in my life cannot. 

I am thankful to have found this community and hope to share my story soon when I can find the words and the strength for it. 

Edited by Fiona31

Hi Fiona, and welcome--though sorry to hear that you "fit" on a site like this.  You'll find a very warm, welcoming and supportive community here--it has been a godsend for me.  

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry that you have experienced childhood trauma, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. There are many understanding and kind members here. You are not alone. I am glad that your husband encouraged you to join. Take your time and look around and feel free to interact when you are ready.

I wish you many forward steps on this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Dear @Fiona31,

I'm sorry for the suffering that brought you here, but there are many people here who know what it is to carry childhood traumas.  This is a non-judgmental and kind community full of people who understand.  Take your time reading through our forums and post whenever you feel you'd like to.  

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Dear fiona31

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Fiona31 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Fiona31 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you were able to find us :)  This is a wonderful community filled with tons of support! I hope that you are able to make some lasting connections here and find the support you deserve. We are all here for you! 

If you need anything, I'm just a quick holler away! 

Sending happy thoughts,
Poppy