Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First post, thankful for community

Hey guys, I'm new to this community and so thankful that there is a forum for mutual survivors. I was going through intense therapy while I was in college with someone who had specialized in helping those who had been victims and it was going well. However, with this new virus becoming an issue, my therapy has ceased. She isn't doing any online work, I suppose due to the sensitivity of material and we were at a very crucial point and I was recounting my story and really telling it in detail for the first time. It's really been weighing on me and effecting my moods and my connectivity in current relationships, especially since I've had to come home after school has closed. Being in this environment is really hard, and my boyfriend had actually recommended searching for an online community since I no longer had therapy. While I know it is not a substitute, it is helpful to know that at least there is a community, there is a place where I can feel heard and safe, and there are people that understand. I appreciate any response that I get, and I appreciate you reading this in full. 

Hi peachycove, I'm so glad you found this site! I too have had to stop therapy sessions because of covid, and it's been a struggle, but forums really are a godsend. It's so helpful just to be able to talk to people who really understand and relate. Well wishes!

Dear @peachycove,

Welcome to After Silence.

I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you to us, but I am glad you found us.  This is a kind and supportive community full of people who understand.

Many of us are dealing with changes/cessation of therapy because of Covid-19.  I'm sorry that happened.

I think you'll find our site to be of great comfort.  

Gold Raindrops

Dear peachycove

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @peachycove to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It seems COVID-19 has interrupted a lot of people's therapy unfortunately.  I'm glad your boyfriend is supportive and that you found us.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @peachycove - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry to hear about your T ending because of the stupid virus. I know it's just not fair :( But this site can definitely help in the meantime! It's a great place to reach out for support when you're in need, and getting to share with others that need help can be really rewarding. I am sorry to hear that you've experienced trauma. I love newbies, but I hate that there are so many people that have to belong here. If that makes sense. I just hate that there are such vile people in the world. 

Anyway, I'm glad you're here! Make yourself at home and browse around as you'd like :) If you need help with anything, I'm a quick PM away! I can also be a listening ear if you need that :notalone:

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

16 hours ago, peachycove said:

Hey guys, I'm new to this community and so thankful that there is a forum for mutual survivors. I was going through intense therapy while I was in college with someone who had specialized in helping those who had been victims and it was going well. However, with this new virus becoming an issue, my therapy has ceased. She isn't doing any online work, I suppose due to the sensitivity of material and we were at a very crucial point and I was recounting my story and really telling it in detail for the first time. It's really been weighing on me and effecting my moods and my connectivity in current relationships, especially since I've had to come home after school has closed. Being in this environment is really hard, and my boyfriend had actually recommended searching for an online community since I no longer had therapy. While I know it is not a substitute, it is helpful to know that at least there is a community, there is a place where I can feel heard and safe, and there are people that understand. I appreciate any response that I get, and I appreciate you reading this in full. 

Hi PeachyCove,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have gone thru, but you will find tons of support here. It is sad so many things have been cancelled and we have to adjust to a different way of doing things, altho temporarily. It must be difficult losing support you desperately needed, but our community is filled with understanding and kind members. We get it and we don't have to be in person. You are safe here. Make sure to look around and when you are comfortable feel free to interact.

I am glad you found your way here and I do hope it helps you with some of the steps you need on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi peachycove, welcome to AS.  This is a very safe and supportive community.  

I'm sorry for all you're going through.  But, I'm glad you found us.  Your not alone.

Take care, Patti