Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Where to start?

Hey all,

It'll be 8 years on April 13th since my first experience and it's been about 4 years since my latest experience. I really thought I could do this on my own, but I think it's time that I learn to heal instead of suppressing everything. I always thought that my experiences weren't important because I know other people have it harder. But with everything going on in this world right now, and having so much more time to myself, I've found that I really am not okay. I just don't know how to start this healing process.

-Riley

Hey there, @Rileyyy!

I am so glad that you found this place and want to start healing. Even if you aren’t sure where to start, coming here and setting that intention is a huge first step. You’re doing great!

I’m so sorry to hear about all that you’ve experienced, and I want you to know that you are never alone. We’re here to offer you all of our support and understanding. What happened to you matters! You are important and so are all of the experiences that shaped you. You are not any less of a person for it, and your pain is just as important, valid, and worthy of care as anyone’s. If you have any questions, please reach out.

Welcome to the community!

Mave

Hi Riley,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced both 8 years ago and 4 years ago. It is never right for anyone to hurt another this way. It is a common feeling tho, I want you to know, that we minimize our experience because we think others have suffered more. It took me a long time to realize that no trauma is right and everyone has the right to have access to support and validation. You are validated and accepted here.

I am glad that you found our community and decided to reach out. Our members are understanding and supportive. You are not alone. I wish you the best on many forward steps on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:  

Hey @Rileyyy, I'm sorry for what you've been through. I've struggled with suppressing emotions, thoughts, my past, etc...too. I joined this site a few months ago and have found it to be a good place to start opening up about the things that you feel you can't share in "real life" just yet. I also know what it feels like to think that your problems aren't worthy of other people's time, but they are. You have every right to be here and you deserve a place to start healing. Again, I'm sorry you have reason to be here, but I'm glad you found this site. 

Hi, @Rileyyy -

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time dealing with all of this. But, you certainly don't have to do this alone. There is a wonderful community of people here that support you! You are never alone here :) Also, don't compare your trauma to others'. It's not the same, but no trauma is worse than another. Trauma is trauma and it affects us all differently and we all have different stories. Your story is no less important than anyone else's. 

Keep your head up! We're here for you :notalone:

All the best,
Poppy

Welcome @Rileyyy to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear rileyyy

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier