Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Can't edit signature

Hi,

has anyone else had trouble editing their signature? Every time I try to change mine I get a message telling me I haven't followed the guidelines. Sometimes it's saying it needs to be on fewer lines, and other times should to be without images, but I'm not adding images and even when I condense it into two lines it's not happy. I've tried on different browsers.

I've had this problem for years, hence why my signature never changes! I'd hoped it would have gone away by now but it's still the same. The mods back then worked on it but in the end it defeated everyone! 

Any techno wizards here who can work out what's going wrong? :pray:

Thanks,

Reyzl

Hi Reyzl,

I tried to edit mine and had no issues. I'm not sure why yours would have this issue. :unsure:  I am sure it is frustrating, but I'm sure if a current mod cannot help you adjust it, they would be able to manually change it for you.

@Capulet or @Iheartcupcakes...what do you think?

Hoping they can help, Reyzl. :crossfingers:

3 hours ago, Reyzl said:

Hi,

has anyone else had trouble editing their signature? Every time I try to change mine I get a message telling me I haven't followed the guidelines. Sometimes it's saying it needs to be on fewer lines, and other times should to be without images, but I'm not adding images and even when I condense it into two lines it's not happy. I've tried on different browsers.

I've had this problem for years, hence why my signature never changes! I'd hoped it would have gone away by now but it's still the same. The mods back then worked on it but in the end it defeated everyone! 

Thanks,

Reyzl

Hi, a little bit ago now there used to be a bug with the signature thing, the forum software is seriously buggy it always has been but yeah message the mods they might have a fix for it.

Thanks @MeBeMary and @Free2Fly, yeah maybe it's a bug thing, will try adding a message to the Help Desk. I put it here in case any general members were particularly techy and has some ideas. I did have the mods on the case last time and gave them my desired signature to add in themselves but even they couldn't get it to do it. Doesn't seem to cooperate, even if I just write one word for a signature in normal black font it still claims I'm using an image or have used too many lines 🙄. Very weird!

3 hours ago, Reyzl said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Reyzl

HI, @Reyzl - 

If you let me know what you would like your signature to be, I will attempt to change it for you. :) I have changed a signature as recently as a few months ago, so it might be worth a try.   Please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do! :)  

Hoping you're staying safe!

11 hours ago, Reyzl said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Reyzl

i know nothing about signatures but i just wanna say hello 👋 and it’s good to see you @Reyzl  i have missed you!

@Capulet, thank you! Lol I now can't decide if I want the signature I was thinking of so I will contact you when I make my mind up! You could try just seeing if it will let you try something small, like adding or taking away a full stop because it won't let me do anything at all to it.

Hope you are surviving these strange times,

Reyzl xx

@Invisible1, hello to you too friend :throb: Sorry I've disappeared again. Hard to keep all the plates spinning. Hope you are okay and coping with all the bizarre changes to our lives. I'm okay, bit lonely in solitary confinement and not loving working over zoom but could be worse. Might post soon if I stop ignoring my young parts (which are massively triggered but behaving themselves!) at some point soon!

Reyzl :hug: 

• 1 month later...

Stephenjames - if you would like, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can edit it for you manually.  Seems that some are experiencing difficulties editing their signatures lately. Not sure why this is, but if I can help, I'd certainly like to try.  

All the best!
- Cap

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to say that this is still a problem! I don't need a signature, but I did try editing it and got the error about it taking up "too many lines." Again, I don't need a signature, just wanted to make you aware this is a still an issue. :)