Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I’m new here I found this place when searching for a community that could understand me. My name is Erin and I will be 17 in July. I have attended group therapy but it’s really hard for me to talk in person. I’m still in hs and it seems as though I’m alone even though I know I’m not.  I hope I can get to know some people on here that are able to help me and I in turn am also able to help

—- Erin

Edited by Samonne

Hi @Samonne -

Erin, welcome to After Silence!!  I'm called Cap and I'm one of the site's moderators, and I'm here to let you know that you've found a truly good community.  I'm sorry to learn that circumstance has brought you here, but am hopeful that you will find a lot of support now that you've told us a little about yourself.  I am a survivor of 23 years, and remember all too well how hard it was to talk things out in person - especially in the beginning!  That's something I still have a hard time with, and I imagine many of us are also in that very same boat.  I hope that being here is helpful and that you are able to quickly build connections with other survivors who understand all of those things you struggle with.  There is genuine strength in numbers.  Thank you in advance for the mutual kindness and support that I'm sure you will be showing others in no time.  

You should be hearing from a member of our Newbie Support Team very soon, with some information that will help you navigate the site.  Until then, if you have any questions, I'm just a holler away.  :)

Again, welcome - I'm looking forward to getting to know you.  

Wishing you all the best in your healing processes!

Warmly,
Cap

Hi Samonne, welcome to AS. I’m so sorry that you have reason to be here. I’ve found it’s much easier to talk on here than in person. Look around take as much time as you need to. Talk as much as you are comfortable.  You are definitely not alone here. 

Dear samone

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Samonne to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

18 hours ago, Samonne said:

Hi I’m new here I found this place when searching for a community that could understand me. My name is Erin and I will be 17 in July. I have attended group therapy but it’s really hard for me to talk in person. I’m still in hs and it seems as though I’m alone even though I know I’m not.  I hope I can get to know some people on here that are able to help me and I in turn am also able to help

—- Erin

Hi Erin,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that has brought you here, but be assured, you will find tons of support. We understand the struggles you deal with and you are not alone! It's not always easy to reach out, but it's always a big step. Take your time and look around and when you are comfortable feel free to interact, by way of posting or replying to others. Sometimes anonymity and the written word is easier, I know that I find that for myself.

I wish you many more steps along this path that will lead you to healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi, @Samonne - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're feeling so alone but I hope that by joining this site, those feelings of loneliness will slowly dissipate :) you are certainly never alone here and we all support you! If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to me. I'm here! 

Hugs if you want them,
Poppy

Hey, @Samonne!

I'm sorry to hear about what brought you here, but I'm glad that you found our community. I understand feeling alone and wanting support. It's okay if you're having trouble talking about it. Everything that you're feeling is normal and valid, and you aren't alone in all of this. We're all behind you and are here to bolster you up as you go through this journey. If you need anything, please feel free to reach out. Welcome to After Silence!

Mave