Sign in to follow this  
Tobi45

Teen Support in Healing

Hello I am a counselor in Michigan and I have a teen client that I would like to connect with individuals her age that can support her in her healing.......she has a history of sexual assault and has been connecting in individual counseling, but I would like her to be able to have a support group of individuals her age. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @Tobi45 -

I am one of the site's moderators.  I thank you for reaching out with your question!!!

How old is your client?  If she is sixteen or older, she may sign up for an account as a survivor, and join us; we do have a teen/young adult population here at After Silence.  As many of our members feel more anonymous by not revealing their ages, my recommendation would be for her to first introduce herself in the Welcome forums and browse through postings in the Teen and Young Adult forums that we do also offer.  I have been meaning to do some work in the Teen/Young Adult sections (for starters, to start up a discussion board, maybe?) and if your client does join, perhaps she could give me a heads' up through private message and we could try to connect her with some of our younger members.  Overall, there is an overwhelming amount of support here, and I think she'll fit in nicely with survivors of any age once she gets tha hang of utilizing the boards. :) 

If, however, she is younger than sixteen, I'm afraid we would have to wait on accepting her as a member.  If you like, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to see if we can find some other resources that may work well for your client.  I'm so sorry to hear of what she's been through.  I wish her the absolute best in her healing journey.

All the best,

Capulet