Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm new here.

JME

Hi, my name is Jade and I'm new. 

I am a survivor or many traumas that I'm not fully comfortable saying just yet. I found this site searching google for groups either around me I could attend in person, or online. Turns out the closest in person group is 3 hours away from me. So I am very grateful to have found AS. 
I am 28 years old. I'm Christian, although I've fallen pretty far away from my faith over the years. I'm a photographer and martial arts instructor. I'm married with no kids, just a couple fur babies and one feather. 
I come from a large family and I'm the oldest of 11 kids, all from the same parents.
My goal in joining AS is to find a community where I feel safe, heard and can find healing and some peace after years of being just "OK".  
I'm excited and a little scared to get started! I'm really excited to have someone other than my husband to talk too. I love him dearly and although he really does mean well, he isn't always the most helpful. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone,
~ Jade  

IMG_2526-3.jpg

Edited by JME

Hi Jade, welcome to AS. Im sorry for your truama that brought you here, but glad you found this site, and us. It is a supportive community full of people who understand and can support you on your healing journey. B

Hi, @JME - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry for the trauma that let you here, but I'm hoping you will find the support here to be helpful. There are truly so many people here that understand and want to help and it's amazing to see a community like this come together. And thanks for sharing so much about yourself! It's nice getting to know people joining or coming in. :) I know it's a little intimidating, but I'm happy you're here! 

If you ever need anything or need help navigating the boards, please feel free to reach out to me and let me know! I'll be around :notalone:

Best wishes,
Poppy

Hi @JME. 

Welcome to AS. That is a very beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing that with us. 

I'm sorry for all the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. You are always welcome to reach out for support on this site, whether you need validation, advice, or even just a virtual hug. This is an amazing community and I hope you find it helpful in your healing journey. 

Welcome @JME to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement! I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and start this new journey. ❤️ 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:05 AM, JME said:

Hi, my name is Jade and I'm new. 

I am a survivor or many traumas that I'm not fully comfortable saying just yet. I found this site searching google for groups either around me I could attend in person, or online. Turns out the closest in person group is 3 hours away from me. So I am very grateful to have found AS. 
I am 28 years old. I'm Christian, although I've fallen pretty far away from my faith over the years. I'm a photographer and martial arts instructor. I'm married with no kids, just a couple fur babies and one feather. 
I come from a large family and I'm the oldest of 11 kids, all from the same parents.
My goal in joining AS is to find a community where I feel safe, heard and can find healing and some peace after years of being just "OK".  
I'm excited and a little scared to get started! I'm really excited to have someone other than my husband to talk too. I love him dearly and although he really does mean well, he isn't always the most helpful. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone,
~ Jade  

Hello Jade,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the many traumas that you have gone thru. It's quite ok to take your time in deciding what you want or don't want to share. You will never be pressured to do so. Our members are understanding and kind and I am glad you found us. I encourage you to look around the site as the first step on feeling comfortable, it's how many of us get our start here at AfterSilence. Reading can give you some a-ha moments that suddenly make you feel less alone. I know it has for me.

It was a big step to reach out and decide you deserve better than just ok. You do. I wish you many more forward steps on this journey that we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: