Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I’m new

Hi, I found after silence a couple weeks ago, but it took some time to verify my account. I have tried talking to a few people about what happened to me, but every time I try, I just can’t do it. I am heartbroken and confused. I go back and forth trying to figure out if what I experienced classifies as rape. I am stuck surround and constantly remind of who did this to me which makes it worse. It will be nice to talk to people who understand and can help me understand more about my situation.

Welcome @22 Almond Blossom to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi 22 Almond Blossom,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the reasons you have come here, you will find the support you are looking for. You are not alone. Many of us have confusion and question the experience and often time fall into self-blame and doubt. This is sadly normal. I do hope by being here that you are able to find answers that you need. I tend to believe anyone compelled enough to come here is likely to have experienced something bad and are not to blame. I say that without hearing any details, because I know that nobody likes to think that this happened to them or someone is really that selfish and cruel. I say this tho, knowing that you need to find answers for yourself, you can't be told. We are here to support you either way.

Take your time and look around. See if any other posts feel similar or the feelings seem to match you. If you are ready, feel free to interact with our wonderful members. Remember you are not alone. Wishing you the best on this journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi, @22 Almond Blossom - 

Welcome to After Silence! I know how hard and confusing it is when something like this happens and you just don't know what to think. If you need a second opinion or just a listening ear, feel free to message me anytime. I'd be happy to listen and help you in any way I can :) I hope you're finding your way around the site okay! Just keep looking around and post when you feel ready. We are all here supporting you! 

I hope things get better soon. I'm here if you need me! 

Best,
Poppy

Welcome to AS.  This is a very and supportive place.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Take care, Patti

Dear @22 Almond Blossom 

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.