Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello other survivors...

Hello, I’m Abbie. This site was recommended to me by a friend. 

I’m not all too sure if I’m ready to tell my full story as of yet but I’m sure that in time I will. I’ve got a lot going on right now and I think I need to be part of a supportive community like this where we can all relate to each others struggles. I guess I’m just here to say hi to anyone that might see this and that I hope you’re doing well - things may be tough for you at the moment but we can get through this one step at a time. 

Take care everyone x

Hi Abbie, welcome to AS. Glad you have found us. It is a lovely and supportive community that i have only been a member of for a few months but im very glad to have found it. Somewhere where people understand you and to listen when you need.

Everyone explains that there is now rush to tell your story, to do this when your ready and in the mean time explore the content on the site and take your time as it can get overwhelming.

Be kind to yourself. B

QDear abbie

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @Abbie0512 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Abbie0512

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've been through, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. You are right, all we can do is take it one step at a time. Healing is tough, but it is possible. You can and will heal. We are all hear to support you. There is no pressure to share you story. You decide if and when you're ready. There is no timeline for sharing. Take some time looking around the site and post whenever you feel comfortable. Keep reaching out for support. 

@Abbie0512 hello and welcome to after silence! I am so sorry you have pain and trauma that brings you here, but as you can see, we are all so glad you found us :) I hope this site can help bring you comfort while you continue to heal 

sam💜

11 hours ago, Abbie0512 said:

Hello, I’m Abbie. This site was recommended to me by a friend. 

I’m not all too sure if I’m ready to tell my full story as of yet but I’m sure that in time I will. I’ve got a lot going on right now and I think I need to be part of a supportive community like this where we can all relate to each others struggles. I guess I’m just here to say hi to anyone that might see this and that I hope you’re doing well - things may be tough for you at the moment but we can get through this one step at a time. 

Take care everyone x

Hello Abbie,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry you have reason to be here, but give your friend props for directing you here. This community is filled with understanding and supportive members and the best thing is none of us need to be alone thru this. Take your time and look around. I do wish you the very best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to After Silence Abbie.💐

Hi, @Abbie0512 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry for the hurt that brought you here, but I am so glad you found such a kind and supportive community to help you through this hard time. As some members mentioned before me, there really is no pressure to share your story before you're ready. This is all on your terms! So take some time getting familiar with the site and share as you feel compelled to do so :) We are all here for you! 

If you need anything at all, always feel free to reach out to me and let me know. I'm here! 

Hugs if you'd like them,
Poppy

Welcome, @Abbie0512! We’re happy to have you here. There’s no pressure to share your story until you’re ready. What happened to you and how it shaped you is personal, and you have every right to take your time. We’ll be here for you regardless of when and whether you share that story. I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do and remember to be kind and compassionate to yourself as you process all of this. You have the right to be and feel safe and make choices that make you happy. You are important. Please remember that. Looking forward to seeing you around AS! ❤️