Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Seeking refuge

Hello everyone, 

It's always been hard for me to reach out for help but a recent event has left me feeling trapped in my own head and unable to confide in anyone close to me. Just so we're not strangers: I'm 23 years old, identify as a ciswoman & pansexual, and love to create art whether it's a drawing or jewelry or a pair of mittens or a song on my ukulele. I live in my feelings. When I'm not doing social work (I'm much better at dealing with the emotional pain of others) I'm usually reading in my hammock soaking up the Texas heat or playing frisbee/soccer/etc or spending time being silly with my friends. My sign is Pisces and my favorite podcast is MFM (if you know, you know). 

The triggering event that brought me here happened just over this past weekend so although this isn't my first time embarking on a journey of healing from a sexual assault, this 2nd departure into the void hurts in a new & worse way so this is my first time seeking any kind of real help outside of myself and my best friends. I desperately need to escape my own psychological echo chamber and hear some voices of those that understand without having to provide so much excruciating explanation. 

Thank you for reading,

Coral (a fitting nickname for a Pisces, given to me by my collegiate soccer team captains)

QDear coral

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

@Coral hello and welcome to after silence. I am so sorry for the pain that has brought you here, but I am so very glad you found us! 

unfortunately, a lot of us here have experience with multiple situations of sexual assaults/ r***s, so I think you have found the right place to help you make sense of these feelings you have. I hope this place and the people here can help you feel less alone and more comfortable to seek the answers you are looking for!

we look forward to getting to know you here!

my name is Sam, I am a cancer and I love music and dancing! 💜

Hi Coral,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the traumas you have endured and the struggles you face. This community is just what you describe that you are looking for. Our members are truly kind and understanding and have a way to make everyone feel not so alone with those psychological echoes we all must deal with. Take your time and look around the site...and when comfortable, feel free to interact.

I do admire your chosen profession and wanting to help others. I think there is probably an understanding that you give your clients that well surpasses the normal criteria for one being in this field. Good for you on this path!

I do wish you the best as you continue your journey down this path of what we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome @Coral to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hey there, @Coral! It's wonderful to meet you. You sound like a deep person who values creativity and emotions. I know that I'm excited to welcome you to our community, though I'm so sad to hear about what brought you here. I understand feeling the second time in a different way. We're here to help you through this in whatever ways we can. I hope this place can help you find some peace and get rid of those voices and echoes--even if it's only for a little bit. Even some respite helps, right?

Just so we're not strangers--I'm an avid bookworm that loves writing poetry and retreating into my inner world. I enjoy tarot, spending time with my family and friends, and listening to music. Gotta get that celebratory dance music on! 😄 In other news, I'm a Scorpio born on the Libra cusp. Happy to meet anyone that's a Pisces! You all rock. :) 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

💗 Mave 💗

Edited by Mave

Welcome, I am also brand new here.  I am sorry for what you've experienced, and I hope you find the support you need here.  It looks like a place full of people who might understand. 

Dear @Coral

I'm very sorry for the experiences that have brought you to us - old and new.  Many of us know the pain of multiple abuse experiences.  

You don't need to get into any details here - you are free to read and post whenever you feel comfortable.  

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi Carol, welcome to AS.  I'm a survivor of multiple traumas to.  You're not alone.

I'm an Aires.  Take care, look forward to getting to know you.

Patti