Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, my name is Alexis. I am 16 years old. I was raped when I was 8 and I have been addicted to older men since then. I have been trying to get help for awhile but can't find the right help. So I was hoping to get some help on here?

Edited by Capulet
Removal of last name for added security.

Hi @Alexis (Lexi) 

Welcome to AS. I'm very sorry for the trauma you have been through. Please know that none of it was your fault and you did not deserve what happened to you. This is a caring and supportive community and you will likely find other on this site who have experienced similar traumas. Talking with other survivors can help. While this site will not replace therapy from a trained professional, it will help you to feel less alone. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. If you need help using the site or have questions, don't be afraid to reach out. We are all here for you. 

Hi Alexis,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for the trauma you endured at 8 years old. It was wrong for anyone to do that to you and not your fault. You will find tons of support here. Our members are understanding and kind. Abuse can cause so many different reactions and many times they are confusing. Especially when exposed so young.

We are here for you. Take your time and look around. When you feel ready, feel free to interact. You will never be pressured or judged.

Wishing you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

@Alexis (Lexi) I am so sorry to hear about the trauma that has brought you here, but we are so glad you found the forums. There are a lot of people here who can relate to you and can help you see you are not alone in this pain. Welcome to after silence!

sam

Hey, @Alexis (Lexi)! I am so sorry that you went through that—especially at such a young age. You did not deserve to be treated that way, and you are not responsible for that person’s absolutely egregious actions. I’m glad that you found this place and hope that our support gives you some comfort and peace. You are not alone in this. We are all here to listen to whatever you feel comfortable sharing. Please reach out if you need or want anything. Thinking of you and offering safe hugs, if okay. :bighug:

Dear Alexis  lexi

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi, @Alexis (Lexi) -

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for all of the trauma you have endured in your young life :( I wish this wasn't the case for you. I know how alone and isolating it can feel when you're dealing with this kind of trauma, so I just want you to know that you aren't alone here. Of course we will help you in any way we can! 

If you need anything at all, please feel free to message me :) 

Warm welcome,
Poppy

Welcome @Alexis (Lexi) to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

On 3/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, Alexis (Lexi) said:

Hello, my name is Alexis. I am 16 years old. I was raped when I was 8 and I have been addicted to older men since then. I have been trying to get help for awhile but can't find the right help. So I was hoping to get some help on here?

I’m Remington... (Remi). I’m 18, and I think I may also be addicted to much older men...