Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Worth a shot

RemiRae28

Hey I’m Remi. I’m a senior in high school and music is life. It’s basically all I have left. I’m not sure I’m ready to share my story yet, but I recently learned that I suffer from ptsd. I’ve lost pretty much every friend I had because I’m “too much.” I was told to go to group therapy, but the idea gives me crazy anxiety. I’ve been looking for my own support and found this. Right now I just feel alone in the world and it scares me. 

Dear @RemiRae28

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

@RemiRae28 hello and welcome to after silence. I am so sorry for what brought you here :( but you are not alone in this. I know it feels lonely a lot of the time, and that’s why I get on here; it helps us all feel less alone in this healing journey. I hope you can also find that comfort here :) 

sam

ps: music is everything! 💜

Edited by samantha2009

@RemiRae28 we are here if you want/ need to talk! I know how it feels to be stuck In that feeling. Actually about your age I was feeling the same way :( I am here if you’d like to talk about anything. 
sitting with you

sam 💜

Hi, @RemiRae28 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're dealing with so much right now. Unfortunately, I understand exactly how you feel. I had a lot of people quit on me because I was "too much" and everyone kept telling me to go to therapy. It felt like I wasn't worth anyone's time and I was being thrown aside....like I was beyond help. This was especially true when i was a senior in High School so I can relate a lot to how you're feeling! Just know that no one here will ever think you are "too much" or that you're not worth our time. You are valued and we are here to support you in your healing! 

It's one thousand percent okay if you're not ready to share your story yet. There's absolutely no pressure to share anything that you don't want to share! Take your time getting comfortable and share whatever you want whenever you feel you want to. There's no time frame :) 

If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to me any time! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Hi @RemiRae28

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. After spending some time on the forums you will see that you are not alone. You will heal. There is no pressure to share your story. It is your story to tell and only you decide when it gets told. There is nothing wrong with waiting. There is no timeline when it comes to sharing and healing. Wishing you the best. 

12 hours ago, RemiRae28 said:

Hey I’m Remi. I’m a senior in high school and music is life. It’s basically all I have left. I’m not sure I’m ready to share my story yet, but I recently learned that I suffer from ptsd. I’ve lost pretty much every friend I had because I’m “too much.” I was told to go to group therapy, but the idea gives me crazy anxiety. I’ve been looking for my own support and found this. Right now I just feel alone in the world and it scares me. 

Hi RemiRae,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but glad that you have found us. You are not alone. I am sorry that you haven't had the support that you have needed, but you will find much here. We understand much of what you feel and what you are going thru. I understand about the therapy, anxiety about it can be overwhelming. Perhaps it will be in your future, but you will not be judged for making the decision not to go right now.

We are with you. Wishing you the best as you beginning your journey down the path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to After Silence, @RemiRae28! I am so sorry that you're going through so much right now. You are not too much, and we're here to offer you support. Please remember that you are worthy of love and respect and be kind to yourself. Take the steps you feel are right for you and know that you'll get through this. Thinking of you and hoping you're able to find peace and comfort. ❤️ 

Welcome @RemiRae28 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.