Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I am a 20 year old single mother to a beautiful baby girl. And just recently over the past 2 years have I come to terms with what happened to me. Just recently it has become difficult to deal with mentally and I here I am. I look forward to telling my part and feeling less alone in my recovery. 

@StarryEyes hello and welcome to after silence! I am sorry for the pain and traumas that brought you here, but we are all so glad you found us. You are not alone in your pain. I hope this place can help you feel less isolated and help you on your path to healing :) 

sam

Dear starryeyes

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

Hi @StarryEyes

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. It is normal for a survivor to take months or years to realize and accept what happened, but it is never to late to start the healing process. Healing is tough and I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment, but you will get through it. You are stronger than you believe. And we are all here to support you along the way. Talking and sharing with other survivors can be really helpful in the healing process. Take some time looking around and let us know if you have any questions. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do.

Hi, @StarryEyes - 

Welcome to After Silence! I hope you're enjoying the site so far. I know trauma is so hard to deal with so I'm hoping you can find some peace and haling here. We are here to help you and support you! If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to me - I'm around! :) 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

19 hours ago, StarryEyes said:

Hello, I am a 20 year old single mother to a beautiful baby girl. And just recently over the past 2 years have I come to terms with what happened to me. Just recently it has become difficult to deal with mentally and I here I am. I look forward to telling my part and feeling less alone in my recovery. 

Hi StarryEyes,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have been thru, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are wonderfully understanding and kind. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. Jump in when you feel comfortable to interact. You are not alone. 

Wishing you the best on this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome @StarryEyes to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.