Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone!

Offwing91

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to introduce myself quickly here as I’m brand new to this forum and although I’m a fairly anxious person by nature, I’m looking forward to coming out of my shell a bit and working through my stuff. A close friend of mine recommended this forum and by looking through quickly I can see how supportive and positive this space is! 
I’m a survivor of multiple assaults dating back ten years and have always put healing on the back burner until now.
I look forward to the next steps in my journey and getting to connect with fellow survivors! 

Dear offwing91

I'd like to welcome you to After Silence! 

I am sorry for what has brought you here, but I am glad you have   found us. It has really helped me to be here and I do not feel as if I am alone.  Everyone is so supportive!  Well done for reaching out to us.  I am sure that was difficult.  Please know that you can say as  much or as little as you want to.  You will never be alone in this journey...we are all behind you!

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please don't hesitate to respond to that PM if you have any questions.  We are here to help!

Take care - I am sending safe hugs!!! 

Hi @Offwing91

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad your friend told you about the site and that you decided to join. It is never to late to begin the healing process. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. I to am also a reserved and anxious person, but I have found such comfort in this community that I feel safe opening up.  I hope you end up feeling that way to. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Take a look around and let us know if you have any questions. Keep reaching out for support. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.  

23 hours ago, Offwing91 said:

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to introduce myself quickly here as I’m brand new to this forum and although I’m a fairly anxious person by nature, I’m looking forward to coming out of my shell a bit and working through my stuff. A close friend of mine recommended this forum and by looking through quickly I can see how supportive and positive this space is! 
I’m a survivor of multiple assaults dating back ten years and have always put healing on the back burner until now.
I look forward to the next steps in my journey and getting to connect with fellow survivors! 

Hi Offwing.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you experienced multiple assaults and are struggling with the healing part. Many of us do. It is much better tho, to have others who really understand and I am glad you have seen how supportive everyone is. It's not an illusion. We are here for each other and for you. I am happy you had a friend that suggested you join us. I do wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome @Offwing91 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.