Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi! Im new

pink98

Welcome @pink98 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm sorry to hear you are still being abused.  If you are in the US you can contact RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network). 

https://www.rainn.org/

They have a free helpline and online chat.  I don't know who your abuser is but this sounds like a case of domestic violence, in which case you could try searching for domestic violence helplines and services.

Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Edit- I almost forgot, we also have a list of crisis resources here:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/102-public-resources/

Edited by 8888

Hi, @pink98 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry for the abuse you're enduring. I hope that you are able to look at some of the wonderful resources that 8888 mentioned and find some help. We are of course here to help you as well! But I'm hoping a more concrete resource can help you get out of your current situation. We are all here supporting you and backing you up! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Dear pink98

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

Hi, pink98, and welcome! :wave: I’m sorry to hear you’re still in an abusive relationship. Do you have any supportive friends or family around that could help? Are you able to call law enforcement or are you able to leave and get to shelter or other safe place? Your situation is a scary one to be in. You can message me if you need to talk. You’re not alone. Sitting with you and safe hugs, if okay. :console:

On 2/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, pink98 said:

Hi, i'm new to this. I have been abused for almost a year, and i dont know what to do. I really want to leave, but i just dont know how and i want help.

Hi pink,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry you are in an abusive relationship. It is not your fault and we know how hard it can be. You are not alone, we are here for you. The rainn.org site that @8888 recommended is a good place to start. You have our support, without question. You are not alone. 

Wishing you the best, as you figure these things out and start a new journey in healing.

Mary

:notalone: