Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

peachyk

Hello, I am new here.I am 21 years old and I have been a survivor for a little over two years now. I am still having a hard time coping and I feel like I don't have anyone or anywhere to turn to for help/support, so I found this site. I guess I am looking for any general advice for ways to feel good again.  Everyone on here seems to be super supportive and I think it is a good place for me to start.

Welcome @peachyk to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Also, for additional support you can also contact RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network).  They have a helpline and can also provide referrals to local services.  Here's their website:

https://www.rainn.org/

@peachyk hello and welcome to after silence. I am really sorry to hear you have trauma that brought you here, but we are glad you have found us. I think you will find support and comfort here. We look forward to getting to know you :) 

sam

1 hour ago, afterthestorm78 said:

Hi peachyk, Stormy here. I'm also new to AS and have no clue here to start. I'm 41 and started my new lease on life 3 years ago. I start therapy on the 25th and although I should feel really happy about this I'm terrified TBH. I'm so thrilled to have found AS but it also feels overwhelming ATM. So many beautiful people, so much information and knowing that people here " will just get it and me " Feeling emotional knowing that I'm safe here. Finally a place to find some peace. 

Hey! Me too, I am trying to figure things out on here. I'm glad that you are starting therapy, it could be really helpful. I went to a counseling center at my college that has basically therapists in training haha. Some days it was really hard, but I do not regret going as it was nice to have an outlet. Good luck!!!

Also, it does feel really nice finding a safe space here with others who get it. Really happy I found it

Welcome, Peachy!  Although I'm sorry to hear of the circumstances that have led you to us, I'm hopeful that being here will bring you some peace, comfort and healing. 

My best wishes,
Capulet

Dear peachy

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

10 hours ago, peachyk said:

Hello, I am new here.I am 21 years old and I have been a survivor for a little over two years now. I am still having a hard time coping and I feel like I don't have anyone or anywhere to turn to for help/support, so I found this site. I guess I am looking for any general advice for ways to feel good again.  Everyone on here seems to be super supportive and I think it is a good place for me to start.

Hi Peachy,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you went through two years ago. You have found a very supportive site though, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

I am glad that you decided to reach out. It is often a difficult step to take, but it is a big step to be sure. Take your time and look around, and when you feel comfortable feel free to interact with her community.

wishing you the very best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: