Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here.

lola2020

Just wanted to say hello I am new here. I was looking for a place for some support as I start my journey facing the past is haunting me now until the age of 45. My spouse doesn’t believe in the process of therapy scares him when he sees me cry. So this week has been a hard one. I’ve been back in therapy since April. I’ve now finally decided that it is time to start working through the trauma which of course means speaking about it and reliving it and facing it. I am hoping at some point he will see the benefit also for the both of us. However until then I will have to find others to try to help me through this and keep me going so that I don’t back out again. My only hope is to have peace for the last 20 years of my life instead of the hell I’ve been living  For the first 45.

Dear  @lola2020

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @lola2020 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi lola,

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I am very sorry for the trauma you’ve experienced in the struggles you still face. None of this was your fault. You will find this is a very supportive site with many understanding and supportive members. You were not alone.

Take your time and look around. When you are ready, feel free to interact as much as you are comfortable.  Be assured that you will not be pressured or judged and whatever you share withIn this community. 

Wishing you the very best on this journey of healing.

:youcanheal:

Hi lola 

Welcome to AS. It is never to late to begin the healing process. You can and will heal from the trauma you have experienced. We are all here to support you in any way possible. You are not alone here. You are welcome to come to the site whenever you need support. You can post and share whenever you feel comfortable. Wishing you all the best. 

Hi @lola2020!  Welcome to After Silence!

I am sorry for what you have gone through in the past.  I hope your partner can come around to supporting you in your healing....maybe in time.  Guys can be a bit lost at what to do or say when we start our healing journeys.  😏

In the meantime, we are definitely here to support you.

Take gentle care of you Lola!

Tsabu  :wave:

The process of healing is key in us starting to heal, it is not easy & we sometimes need that extra help to be able to free ourselves from within. I have a past that has been haunting me for YEARS & just last week I decided to go to my first therapy session & I am so glad I took that step, if you need to talk I am here to listen.