Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello AS community,

I'm Bambs an even shorter nickname off of Bambi, which my friends call me. I'm a 25 year old woman and I enjoy working out, pole dancing, gaming and watching DnD streams while cuddling my dog. I am joining this community a few days before I begin therapy to try and help me break out a little and get used to talking about difficult things which I do not enjoy.

I would love to chat with women around my age or older into the same things as me or who have had similar experiences which I'll post about in the appropriate thread. 

Much love Xx

Welcome, @Bambs, to After Silence. :)  I think being here is an excellent way to prepare for getting into some difficult things - it's always SO much easier to talk about things within a community where many others are in the same boat - I am also wishing you lots of luck with the transition into therapy - that's another very positive step in your healing process. :)

Take all the time you need to look around before sharing - if that is best for you.  We don't require that you share anything if you're not quite comfortable doing so, yet.  Whenever you're ready to jump in, we'll be here! :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @Bambs

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is an amazing community and we are all here to support each other. I'm happy to hear you are starting therapy soon. Therapy has really been a big help for me in the healing process. Talking and connecting to other survivors on this site has also been really beneficial. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. Wishing you the best and I look forward to seeing you around the site.  

Dear bambs

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Bambs to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  I'm a 26-year-old woman so I'm around your age.  Hopefully I'll see you around.

Hi Bambs.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you endured, but do know you’ll find tons of support here. You are not alone. Take your time and walk around and jump in when you’re ready to. I wish you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:

On 2/14/2020 at 6:19 PM, snmls said:

Hi @Bambs

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is an amazing community and we are all here to support each other. I'm happy to hear you are starting therapy soon. Therapy has really been a big help for me in the healing process. Talking and connecting to other survivors on this site has also been really beneficial. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. Wishing you the best and I look forward to seeing you around the site.  

On 2/14/2020 at 7:29 PM, samantha2009 said:

@Bambs welcome! Hope you find comfort here :)

sam

On 2/15/2020 at 3:26 AM, missfrier said:

Dear bambs

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

On 2/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, 8888 said:

Welcome @Bambs to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  I'm a 26-year-old woman so I'm around your age.  Hopefully I'll see you around.

On 2/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, MeBeMary said:

Hi Bambs.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you endured, but do know you’ll find tons of support here. You are not alone. Take your time and walk around and jump in when you’re ready to. I wish you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Thank you all for saying hi and being so welcoming