Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Little About Me

Hello All,

I'm very nervous about all this and not quite sure how to start this post.

I'm here for support and guidance. I've never reached out to anyone who has been through this before but I feel like it could greatly help. 

My username is Pretty Peony. Ya'll can call me Peony or Mo. I love Peonies because they are a symbol of medicine and healing. I'm really into holistic medicine-- like reiki, meditation, herbs, and yoga. 

I've always been focused on helping other's heal but recently I've been forced to face my own traumas and now I'm learning how to help myself heal. I've learned I'm much better at helping others than myself. In fact, I think in an effort to help others I have neglected myself. 

Recently, a traumatic incident happened at work and it triggered memories of my SA. I've been having very vivid flashbacks, panic attacks, loss of my temper, and I don't like leaving the house on my own. Last night, I was struggling so much I began looking online a stumbled across AS and felt like it could help. I know that sharing my story is an important aspect of healing, but right now I am far fro ready to do that so when I saw that AS doesn't allow you to do that until 10 posts I felt like maybe this is a safe space for my healing to take place.

I am honestly very hopeful but also terrified as to what the future holds for me. I would love to meet you all and develop some meaningful and supportive relationships. 🙂Thanks.

Welcome, @PrettyPeony to After Silence, I'm glad you've joined our community.  This truly is a safe place, and I'm hopeful that you will find that we certainly are a fantastic online community where support is unwavering and the people are kind and can relate in many ways.  

You are right about there being a story-sharing forum that unlocks after you've had 10 posts.  This is for your protection as well as for the protection of others, as we would like for the content in that forum to not be seen by those who might not want to stick around, etc.  There is some very heavily triggering posts in that space, too, so it's best to get to know AS a little bit more before venturing into there. :)  And one of the things I like the most about AS is - you can say as much or as little as you like - you're not obligated to say anything you're not comfortable with.  

Please take your time to look around.  :)  If you have any questions or concerns, I'm just a shout away.

All the best, and again - welcome.

- Capulet

Welcome @PrettyPeony to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  As Capulet said it's best to get to know your way around first before heading into the Share Your Story Forum.  You'll have 10 posts soon enough.

Welcome, @PrettyPeony! I love your username and the symbolism behind it and enjoy yoga and other more holistic remedies too. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you, but I'm also so glad that you've been able to find this site. It's been a godsend to me, and I hope you feel the same way! Being scared is okay, and please take as much time as you need before you share what happened, if you feel comfortable. We're so happy to have you here and look forward to getting to know you! Sending you a warm, safe of welcome, if okay! :hug:

Hi @PrettyPeony

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. Healing is a tough process filled with ups and downs. Sometimes connecting with other survivors can be really helpful in the healing process. It's okay that you aren't ready to share your story yet. You can take as long as you need. There is no timeline for sharing your story. Take some time looking around the site and becoming familiar with the forums and then post whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Dear @PrettyPeony,

I'm sorry for the suffering that brought you here, but I'm happy you found us.  This is a kind and supportive community full of people who understand.  

There are many helpful threads and things to read here - take your time looking around and post whenever you want to.

Love,

Gold Raindrops

Hi, @PrettyPeony - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now, but you've come to a good place to gain support. I understand the nerves, but just know that we are all here for similar reasons and we all get and give support here. No need to be nervous! This is a safe space. 

I'm sorry about the recent traumatic incident that is causing you so much distress. I know how hard it is to have to live with this kind of stuff. Just know that if you start struggling again, you can always reach out here to gain some support :)  

I hope you're being made to feel welcome here! If you need anything at all, my inbox is always open to you. I'm here! 

Hugs if you want them,
Poppy

Welcome to AfterSilence. Peony. I am sorry you have reasons to be here, but you will find tons of support. You definitely are not alone. Take your time and look around and jump in when you are ready. Wishing you all the best in this healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Dear peony

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

• 2 weeks later...