Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hi,

I'm joining today after a painful experience at the doctors yesterday. I thought I was better and that I could just forget about it. But when we discussed my sexual health I began sobbing uncontrollably. I apparently can't just pretend it didn't happen. There are more ways it's affected me and I've brushed them off. I think it's time to acknowledge it and maybe seek some advice from others or even just have somewhere to share.

I'm sorry we're all here, but I'm feeling thankful right now to have a place to go.

Dear @SadQueen

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi, @SadQueen - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry you're hurting right now and you've been through such difficult trauma. You are definitely not alone here and we all understand how hard this is to go through. I hope you'll post on the boards when you're ready and get the support you need and desire. You deserve healing and you deserve happiness. I'm here supporting you through every step of your healing journey! 

If you need anything at all, feel free to send me a message. I'm always around! :)  

Best,
Poppy

Hi @SadQueen

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry to hear about the difficult experience you had at the doctor's. It sounds like it was really painful emotional experience. It can be really hard to keep trauma inside. 

You have come to a safe place for support however. You deserve to heal from the trauma that happened to you and I know that you can heal from this.  Just by joining this site you are taking steps toward healing. Connecting and sharing with other survivors can help you to feel less alone in the process. We are all here to support you. 

20 hours ago, SadQueen said:

Hi,

I'm joining today after a painful experience at the doctors yesterday. I thought I was better and that I could just forget about it. But when we discussed my sexual health I began sobbing uncontrollably. I apparently can't just pretend it didn't happen. There are more ways it's affected me and I've brushed them off. I think it's time to acknowledge it and maybe seek some advice from others or even just have somewhere to share.

I'm sorry we're all here, but I'm feeling thankful right now to have a place to go.

Hello SadQueen,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you will find tons of support here. You were not alone. I am very sorry you were also triggered at the doctors office a couple days ago. I am also uneasy with doctors, so I do understand. You are right though, struggles do tend to sneak out on you when you least expect it. It is unfair, yeah we are the ones who have to deal with it. Take your time and look around. Share or interact when you are ready and comfortable. We are here for you. I wish you nothing but the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Dear @SadQueen,

I'm sorry for the pain that has brought you here, but this is a kind and supportive community that understands.

We know about doctor visits, triggers, trying to "forget," everything.  

Feel free to read through our threads and post whenever you would like.

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Welcome @SadQueen to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to After Silence, @SadQueenI am so sorry for all of the pain you went through at the doctor’s office the other day. You are not alone in that, and we’re all here for you.You’ve taken a huge step in your healing, and I hope you find this site as amazing and supportive as I have. I have no doubt that you will! Share as little or as much as you like and be kind to yourself. :throb: 

Edited by Mave