Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and Nervous

Cmw195

Hi everyone.  I have never used a site like this so I am a little anxious on putting myself out there.  My past trauma has really affected me and I do not have anyone who truly understands what has happened to me and the emotional toll that comes along with it.   I am so far very happy I joined the site and would really love to get support and support others.  I really enjoy listening to sublime, playing with my dogs, going to the gym, and I am a college student.  Thank you for letting me share a little about me!

Welcome. You are strong to have come this far. I know it feels like sometimes that no one can possibly understand but it's just not true. My comfort to you is to tell you that you are not alone. Your fellow survivors are here and understand your pain and struggle. I'm also new to this site. I axtually have returned here a year later. A recent story in the news has triggered my trauma. I'm starting to feel that fear I felt as a little girl and the loneliness. Trauma can be like a volcano at times. Dormant for a good while then something triggers a memory and bam. You have to face it all over again. It's always comforting to know you're not alone and there are places like this site to remind you of that. I hope you find comfort in this post and knowledge. Stay strong. I too am in college.

Dear @Cmw195

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi, @Cmw195 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I am glad you have found a safe space to share your experiences and get support :)  I know how hard it is to reach out so I'm proud of you for doing so! 

It's nice to read about you and get to know you better. I hope you continue to look around the site and feel the warmth here! If you have any questions or need anything at all, I'm just a quick PM away :)  

All the best,
Poppy

Hi @Cmw195

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. Reaching out for help is hard, but it is worth it. Sometimes connecting and sharing with other survivors can be really beneficial in the healing process. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

20 hours ago, Cmw195 said:

Hi everyone.  I have never used a site like this so I am a little anxious on putting myself out there.  My past trauma has really affected me and I do not have anyone who truly understands what has happened to me and the emotional toll that comes along with it.   I am so far very happy I joined the site and would really love to get support and support others.  I really enjoy listening to sublime, playing with my dogs, going to the gym, and I am a college student.  Thank you for letting me share a little about me!

Hi Cmw,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you are not alone. You will find tons of support and many kind and understanding members. I am glad you decided to reach out, as I know it is never a very easy thing to do. Take your time to look around and jump in when you are ready. Wishing you all the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Dear @Cmw195,

I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here.  I remember being anxious when I first joined, but I've since realized that there are many kind and supportive people here.  Also, our anonymity is carefully guarded - we all know how difficult it is to discuss our experiences and decide who we're going to share with.  

Feel free to read through the materials here and post whenever you feel comfortable.  

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Welcome @Cmw195 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

• 2 weeks later...