Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi 👋

Hi, I think I’m here because after so many years of suppressing and cutting ties with this person, they were forced back into my life out of my control. I spiraled a little and  because I feel like I lost ‘control’ of the situation it’s surfaced so many emotions that’s now affecting my marriage. Just kinda wanna shut down and hope it all goes away but it doesn’t work like that. I know it’s time to see a counselor but I found this first, so here I am. Not sure what I want out of this but I felt like I wanted to post and be apart of it! I feel like my situation is nothing compared to some of yours but also I’ve been able to tell my mind it’s nothing to make it go away, I have work to do! 
Thanks for listening. 

Welcome @caitlyn. to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.

I hope when you get to counseling you find it helpful.  My situation was not as bad as some but my abuse still affects me.  Your feelings are valid and you are welcome here regardless.

Dear: caitlyn

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need

On 1/23/2020 at 4:25 PM, caitlyn. said:

Hi, I think I’m here because after so many years of suppressing and cutting ties with this person, they were forced back into my life out of my control. I spiraled a little and  because I feel like I lost ‘control’ of the situation it’s surfaced so many emotions that’s now affecting my marriage. Just kinda wanna shut down and hope it all goes away but it doesn’t work like that. I know it’s time to see a counselor but I found this first, so here I am. Not sure what I want out of this but I felt like I wanted to post and be apart of it! I feel like my situation is nothing compared to some of yours but also I’ve been able to tell my mind it’s nothing to make it go away, I have work to do! 
Thanks for listening. 

Hi caitlyn,

welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured. You are not alone. Your story does matter and you are welcome here. Our members are understanding and kind. Take your time to look around and when you are ready, feel free to interact. Wishing you the best on this journey of healing. 

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

@caitlyn. hello and welcome. we look forward to getting to know you. sorry for what brought you here, but this place is full of a lot of supportive, amazing people who will understand your pain.

sam

Hi, @caitlyn. - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for what you're going through and your recent loss of control. I know how hard it is when you feel like you've made progress and then suddenly the rug is pulled out from under your feet and you feel you've lost everything. I'm glad you joined us here and I hope we can help you gain some perspective or some reassurance to get you through this hard time. 

If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to me! I'll be around :) 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Caitlin,

I can very much relate. I felt like I had made such progress but lately I've had so much anxiety because I feel like another trauma is just around the corner. I just joined this group and am hoping connecting to others will help.