Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First post (finally!!!)

I came across this resource and made an account almost 2 years ago. I’m just hoping to find a community of people who understand more what I’m going through. I’m a college student (senior) and wonder how many others on this site are in college? 

Welcome @cristina to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  We have a teens and young adult survivors forum, perhaps you can find other college students there.  Link is below:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/95-teens-and-young-adult-survivors/

I myself graduated college in 2017.  If you have a diagnosis of PTSD or a related condition you may be able to get disability accommodations through your college if you haven't already.  Also remember most colleges have a counseling center if you ever feel you need some support.  Anyway, If you have any questions about After Silence or anything else I mentioned feel free to message me. 

Dear cristina

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Hi, @cristina - 

Welcome to After Silence!! I'm so proud of you for working up the courage to make your first post - I know that isn't easy. I can confirm for sure that there are people here that will be able to relate to what you're going through. I am not in college, but I am college aged. I just dropped out right after my freshman year and I haven't gone back. So as far as school goes, I can't relate too much to that. On your age though, I can relate to that! 

I hope you enjoy posting and getting to know everyone here! I know you've been here for a while, but if you have any questions or need anything, I'm just a quick PM away :)  

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Hi!! I'm also in college in the US, I came on this site to hopefully connect with others who understand as well. I'm sorry about the trauma you have experienced, I am here for you!! I hope this site has been helping you. PM me if you want to talk. 

On 1/23/2020 at 3:46 AM, cristina said:

I came across this resource and made an account almost 2 years ago. I’m just hoping to find a community of people who understand more what I’m going through. I’m a college student (senior) and wonder how many others on this site are in college? 

Hi cristina,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you’ve been through, but you will find much support here. You were not alone. I am glad you felt ready to start interacting, sometimes it takes a while, but that is OK. We welcome you and we support you. So I am not a student, you will find many among our community. I do wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

• 3 weeks later...