Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First time post, very new and very scared! X

Maya20

Hi everyone, I am very new to all this and I’m not sure what to say.. apart from this has been a long time many years and now the first time I’m reaching out (through therapy, and now on here). This is a journey like no other and it’s so hard when it’s not like an everyday topic with your mates or family or that you can just shout out for some comfort and people understand. I pretended for so long  to myself that I made it all up. I want to feel like a survivor. I blame myself so much but I’m hoping my journey will take me there. Love to all xxxx 

Edited by Maya20
Want to make sure there is no trigger warning for anyone it’s my first post

Welcome @Maya20 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  You are not to blame.  You didn't make it up and your feelings are valid.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Maya20 - 

Welcome to After Silence!! I'm so sorry for all that you're going through right now. I am so proud of you for reaching out, though! That is such a difficult thing to do so good job for taking those steps. I agree that it's such a difficult thing to deal with because there aren't always people you can talk to. Just know that you can always talk here about anything you need to and we will all be here to listen and support you. 

I want to reiterate what @samantha2009 said - you ARE a survivor! 

If you need anything at all, please feel free to send me a message any time. I'm here whenever you need me! 

Hugs,
Poppy

Hi Maya20, welcome to AS.  You'll find lot of caring and support here.  You are very brave.  

Please message me anytime.  Take care.  Patti

Thanks so much everyone. Therapy Helps, I just feel very lonely because what happened was in my family and many years ago (I was 6 and now 36) and so no one knows apart from my husband. I struggled to get up this morning and saw these lovely messages thank you. I’m at the beginning of a journey it feels daunting  xx

Dear maya20

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

On 1/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, Maya20 said:

Hi everyone, I am very new to all this and I’m not sure what to say.. apart from this has been a long time many years and now the first time I’m reaching out (through therapy, and now on here). This is a journey like no other and it’s so hard when it’s not like an everyday topic with your mates or family or that you can just shout out for some comfort and people understand. I pretended for so long  to myself that I made it all up. I want to feel like a survivor. I blame myself so much but I’m hoping my journey will take me there. Love to all xxxx 

Hello Maya,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you experienced when you were younger. This was never right and you were never to blame. I am sorry that you struggle, but you will find much support here. Our members are kind and understanding. Be assured, you are not alone. It takes great courage to reach out, so give yourself a lot of credit here. I wish you many forward steps on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

• 3 weeks later...