Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hope I’m posting in the right place. I just signed up...

rj1130

Thanks for having me. I hope I’m posting in the right place. I’m a very recent survivor and I am very scared. I just wanted to reach out and hear other people’s stories as well as share my own. I’m so afraid he’s going to get away with this because I had to wait a day to report it and had showered, plus he didn’t leave any bruises. Does anybody have any similarities with me?

@rj1130 hello and welcome. I am so sorry for the pain that brought you here, but you found a very supportive place full of very helpful people. There are many people here with similar stories. 

I actually have a similar experience. I was attacked and went home and showered immediately after. Felt like I had no chance after that but I wouldn’t change trying to tell people who he was/ is. 

Please don’t be sorry about sharing. It was not too much at all.

sitting with you if okay?

sam

Edited by samantha2009

Yes thank you that means so much. God I just don’t want him to do this to anybody else. He did the same thing to his wife of 13 years. She was in her own personal hell/prison and had nobody. I’m trying to get her to file charges too but I’m not sure she will 😔

Hi @rj1130 - welcome to AS!  I'm sorry to hear you are a new/recent survivor and that those are the circumstances that have led you here, but I'm truly glad you are here and think you will truly find that you're among many others who truly understand your fear.  

No worries about the details - you've posted a very good introduction, it helps us to get to know you a little bit.  When you've reached 10 total postings, a more private, Story-sharing forum will automatically unlock, and you're welcome to share more detailed content if that's what you'd like to do.  One of the best things about this site is - you're welcome to share as much or as little as you want - there's no pressure whatsoever. :)  Just relax, take your time, and seek comfort in the safe, healing tone the site very much encompasses.

Again, welcome - wishing you all the best on your healing journey!

- Capulet 

Thank you so very much 😢 You’re right, I need to take my time and try to stop getting so overwhelmed. I was hoping by trying this site it would help me vent, and hear others stories so I know I’m not alone. So far, so good 😊 

@rj1130 you are so strong. I admire your ability to confront this. I also really admire you being there for another person your attacker victimized. None of this is ever easy.
Some of the time we are so blinded by the trauma we don’t even know what we should do and when. 
im so glad you found this site though. I hope it can help you during your healing process. I also hope the other woman he hurt receives some help for what she went through /: 

sam 

I’m trying so hard to be strong but my god I have my moments. Thank you for your kind words! I’m hoping she will maybe try support groups/counseling with me in the near future. I’m def going to tell her about this site!

@rj1130 I can imagine :( it isn’t fair the things we have to deal with after going through something like this.
To have to put healing on hold to fight against the people who hurt us in the first place. To tell other people the things that were done to us, traumatizing ourselves all over again. It is just such a challenge- and in that challenge there will be bad days, but you are strong and we will all be here for you on those bad days! 

sitting with you if ok :bighug:

sam

hi @rj1130

Welcome to AS.  I'm very sorry for the trauma you have experienced.  Please know that it was not your fault and you did not deserve what happened.  You will heal from this. It will take time, but you will heal. We are all here to support you through the healing process. Just by joining this site you are taking steps toward healing. You will never be forced to share anything you don't want to.  This is your story. You can share as much or as little as you want.  There is no timeline you have to follow. Keep reaching out for support. 

Welcome @rj1130 to After Silence.  You are in the right place.  I’m sorry for what brought you here.  My abuser didn't leave any bruises either but this doesn't make what you experienced any less valid.  I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome, and please don't worry about posting too much. Your post was not graphic at all. 

I am so very sorry that happened to you and his wife. I hope she will corroborate your experiences even if she does not press charges herself. I hope he is put in a cage where he belongs. 

Dear rj1130

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

• 3 weeks later...